(2.2) Demopolos' Windripper: 197k LA Chain/270k SA Chain/300k TS/821k Burning Arrow

How about just LA + GMP without Chain? This will boost dps by tons. And LA already does AOE quite well, no need for chain, right?
How in the heck are you guys getting sucher crazy high dps numbers.....like 4x mine. I'm getting about 40-45k fully buffed..
Look at his gear, its nearly perfect. Legacy crit multi, flat damage and WED everywhere, 21/20 gems everywhere, OP jewels, perf crit and aps legacy ripper, and so on. You're not going to get much better than that.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
xD

Yes, LA is wonderful.

Ya! I think the clear speed is a notch up from SA - chain... and I like the look of it much better too. Feels more "powerful" on on theme with the whole ele bower thing. :)

"
enigmyth wrote:
How about just LA + GMP without Chain? This will boost dps by tons. And LA already does AOE quite well, no need for chain, right?

The reason LA is so amazing for AoE, is because of the interaction with the 2nd bolt procced after the hit, combined with chaining from target to target. Without chain, SA chain or TS gmp would probably distinctly outperform LA.

"
absolutefury wrote:
How in the heck are you guys getting sucher crazy high dps numbers.....like 4x mine. I'm getting about 40-45k fully buffed..

"
Etherfire wrote:
Look at his gear, its nearly perfect. Legacy crit multi, flat damage and WED everywhere, 21/20 gems everywhere, OP jewels, perf crit and aps legacy ripper, and so on. You're not going to get much better than that.

Indeed, the 240k TS numbers and such are the result of a ton of min-maxing around pretty top end gear. At the same time, I slowly acquired all of this stuff over the last year, and by taking my time, you'd be surprised at how inexpensive many of my upgrades were (many of my rares were between 2-10 ex each, like my rings/boots/amulet somehow). You can definitely build something with over 100k dps on a fairly reasonable budget, especially if you take your time in hunting for the right bargain priced items for your setup.

I do feel that this build is very cost effective, and outperforms physical builds on the same budget. I have the same dps numbers as many of my friend's that play glyph mark phys bowers, and my entire gear set cost me less than their bow alone.

Absolutefury: If you'd like me to help you figure out the lowest hanging fruit for upgrades, link your gear/gems/jewels. You may be able to make some big gains on a budget.
Was able to reach 153k LA without a legacy quiver (using acuity). Unfortunately I sold one of my rings and a quiver haha. You gotta stack crit multi on your jewels.

Glad to see a build using added cold + added light together its OP!

Last edited by downhilldemon on Jan 29, 2016, 1:14:16 AM
"
downhilldemon wrote:
Was able to reach 153k LA without a legacy quiver (using acuity). Unfortunately I sold one of my rings and a quiver haha. You gotta stack crit multi on your jewels.

Some really sick jewels there for LA! 150+ no legacy quiver is really good.

My quiver isn't gg dps even tho it's legacy, since I give up a bit for it to be +1 arrow (no crit chance/mid wed roll/no speed). I guess I could squeeze out more tooltip dps by swapping, but it was my best ever vaal, and i love it. :)

The only thing that isn't great about the lightning multi on jewels is that it isn't helpful for blast rain... but it is gg dps option for LA.
Have you tried Slower Projectiles instead of Added Cold Dmg?
"
downhilldemon wrote:

Are those jewels better than a static electricity jool?
"
Have you tried Slower Projectiles instead of Added Cold Dmg?

It's a good thought, so I just tested it out! On lightning arrow it was a substantial dps gain... went like 150k > 160k full buff. The speed is way way slower, and the skill doesn't feel as sexy, but it's a lot more damage and it's still playable. It also ups the costs a bit. It's a viable option.

I tried it on TS. The dps gain was even better here (as you swap out fast attacks)... and I made it to 265k TS full buff. The skill feels unplayable with this ultra slow projectile speed, unfortunately. ;/

For some reason the slow effect didn't feel so pronounced on blast rain. I might try keeping this in all of the time, as I am hitting close to 1 mill actual dps with it fully buffed (250k tooltip)... which is just awesome for bosses.

"
Are those jewels better than a static electricity jool?

The jewels he linked are far better. I just compared a static electricity jewel (placed in the ideal spot on tree east of scion) to a well rolled 3x good mod jewel (bow speed/speed/light dmg) and it was a dps loss.
I've been thinking about doing LA Windripper as my next build. Don't have too much of the gear yet, but what are your thoughts on using a Kaom's chest and losing a 6l?

Crafted this helmet today to make up for the lost of resists on the chest:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info