(2.2) Demopolos' Windripper: 197k LA Chain/270k SA Chain/300k TS/821k Burning Arrow

"
Undriuz wrote:
How did you avoid elemental reflect?

Vaal pact + Life Leech gem + 85% light res + 21k eva + 40 dodge. Almost all my damage is lightning, so 85% lightning res is very effective, and much of the dmg is avoided all together from dodge/evasion.

If you have surgeon's flasks and capped crit, it is pretty easy to keep your flasks up all the time for a huge defensive boost.
"
demopolos wrote:
Almost all my damage is lightning

have you tried using lightning pen as a gem btw ? sure, your tooltip will be less juicy but who cares. switching out a crit multi gem wont hurt since you got legacy multi anyways, or added lightning gem.

i guess it doesnt make a difference for normal mapping, maybe for +80%lightning res maps, but if youre about to do an uber run, you might consider it !
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625
"
cmphx wrote:
have you tried using lightning pen as a gem btw ? sure, your tooltip will be less juicy but who cares. switching out a crit multi gem wont hurt since you got legacy multi anyways, or added lightning gem.

i guess it doesnt make a difference for normal mapping, maybe for +80%lightning res maps, but if youre about to do an uber run, you might consider it !

Thanks for your comment! I think that lightning pen is a great, and situationally superior gem to crit multi on the frenzy 6L. If we went this route, it may be best to swap added cold to fast attacks (to min/max around light pen for this attack).

I don't think it's so great on the split arrow 6L, as you would have to drop added lightning for it, which is a massive amount of dps to lose. Also, dropping this would make a much smaller % of my overall damage lightning in the first place, as I think I am roughly 75-80 % lightning, with the rest being cold. This might make it more like 60/40, which would weaken the penetration in the first place.

Let me know if you've got any other feedback or questions! I'm getting excited for the new options opening up upcoming content...
Hi,

did you have a chance to try Berek's Grip?

It could save you a few links, but you have to be sure you can shock & freeze anything in any map you play, including bosses. I don't know if it's possible even with your very high level of damage, I haven't done the calculation (and won't have time before long), but it may be worth investigating, maybe just for science since you rely on your ring to get some important stats which Berek doesn't provide.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
whats your thoughts on the new tree? any prototype?

40% crit has been removed from shadow, and both ranger and shadow area are really weird now.

big news for windripper/ele attack builds is that the duelist area and essence sap are now granting %of ATTACK damage leeched as mana/life.

Basicly if you spec into the duelist leech, you can both skip lifeleech and the bloodmagic gem if you have some unreserved mana ? is that worth it? what is your feeling?
"
Hi,

did you have a chance to try Berek's Grip?

It could save you a few links, but you have to be sure you can shock & freeze anything in any map you play, including bosses. I don't know if it's possible even with your very high level of damage, I haven't done the calculation (and won't have time before long), but it may be worth investigating, maybe just for science since you rely on your ring to get some important stats which Berek doesn't provide.

Hmm... Berek's is an interesting thought! It's not something I've tested... The stats I have on my rares are really hard to replace, and at least the int and accuracy would probably need to be made up for elsewhere.

My instinct is that it is not as efficient as other options with the new tree. This is because you get all the leech you need to drop the gem in 6L with 4-5 nodes in tree (near duelist)... and I think the int/acc/life/WED on the ring is worth more in the tree than the leech now. I think you could definitely make it work and min-max around it in tree, but I am not sure that it would beat out really good rare options. Anyone have luck with this?

"
cmphx wrote:
whats your thoughts on the new tree? any prototype?

40% crit has been removed from shadow, and both ranger and shadow area are really weird now.

big news for windripper/ele attack builds is that the duelist area and essence sap are now granting %of ATTACK damage leeched as mana/life.

Basicly if you spec into the duelist leech, you can both skip lifeleech and the bloodmagic gem if you have some unreserved mana ? is that worth it? what is your feeling?

I will mess around with the new tree, and try to put up my initial draft sometime soon.

I think that the missing 40 % crit is no big deal... as there will be added crit options in the subclasses available to both ranger/shadow down the road. A short term fix if you guys find yourself below cap is picking up 1 more power charge in new tree. Or just getting a 2nd diamond ring or crit roll on quiver if you are missing either of these (I am at cap atm with one res implicit ring, and no crit implicit on quiver, due to legacy version).

You're totally right that the new leech options are HUGE for us! I'm really excited about this. Life leech is definitely getting dropped from 6L. This gem could be: crit multi, added cold, fast attacks, or even power charge on crit (more on pcoc below). This is way more value than any other 4-5 nodes in tree (that it will cost to pick up the leech with passives). I'll test which is best, but there is definitely a nice dps buff incoming to the build with the upcoming tree.

I want to say that dropping BM will make sense, but it will be important to think about how to free up that mana reserved efficiently. Right now the 2x herald - curse on hit - assass mark is kind of cumbersome, as it makes it impossible to use enlighten with auras... and I am not sure that just picking up some 3 charisma aura nodes will be enough on it's own. However, we need a way to reliably get power charges to hit crit cap, and the free assassin's mark does the job well for mapping.

A different means for generating power charges would be great (and is certainly available via new shadow subclass when ascendency is released), but I can't think of that many smooth ways to do it atm. You could add power charge on crit to frenzy 6L, and use it a bit more as a support skill... but that sounds annoying (and probably not optimal). You could just forego a dps support and use pcoc on split arrow. Also, volls 6L is amazing offense and a 7L, but terrible defense and cutting your mana pool in half isn't so hot.

One interesting thought would be to just use TS-GMP in place of SA-chain, and have a 6L that covers both single target and aoe... this way you could use the other 6L for all 3 auras + enlighten + curse on hit + assassin's mark (these colors would be horrible to roll). You could get a free 4L for vaal haste/grace/inc duration, and have a very strong TS as you would replace LL and BM with supports. I do love playing with split/frenzy, but this could be a viable route.
question why wrath over anger? dont u want some fire dmg to ignite?
also i think every class is getting a mana buff
e; just read all classes now get 6 mana per lvl instead of 4
Last edited by JimmyTrac07 on Dec 9, 2015, 12:26:36 AM
"
JimmyTrac07 wrote:

Right now I use wrath over anger as it adds slightly more dps than wrath due to higher flat numbers, and for me scales way better with my jewels (as I am 75 % + lightning, 16 % lightning mods on jewels are pretty effective). With the fast playstyle and dps, it seems like ignite would very rarely be relevant (see videos), though it would be a nice addition to have if it wasn't at the expense of more efficient dps. That being said, anger is an awesome aura, and if there was a new means to get power charges (not 2x herald + curse on hit + assass mark), it would be nice to pick up some aura nodes and drop herald of thunder for anger for dps boost!
"
demopolos wrote:
"
JimmyTrac07 wrote:

Right now I use wrath over anger as it adds slightly more dps than wrath due to higher flat numbers, and for me scales way better with my jewels (as I am 75 % + lightning, 16 % lightning mods on jewels are pretty effective). With the fast playstyle and dps, it seems like ignite would very rarely be relevant (see videos), though it would be a nice addition to have if it wasn't at the expense of more efficient dps. That being said, anger is an awesome aura, and if there was a new means to get power charges (not 2x herald + curse on hit + assass mark), it would be nice to pick up some aura nodes and drop herald of thunder for anger for dps boost!

ya your clear speed is too fast for the ignite to matter but i was thinking about rolling ele crit for the new league think it might be useful ill prob end up lvling both also forgot bout the jewels thx.
also thinking about going TS picking up 12% mana reserve + empower with some mana leech
might test this out on standard later and see how it goes

TS got a 10% dmg buff and SA lost 2 arrows at lvl 20 gonna go with ts for this league
also tested the empower/reserve TS-GMP-WED-added cold-added light-mana leech (switching to pcoc)
mana wasnt a problem at all
also what do you think about switching the curse? if we use pcoc
Last edited by JimmyTrac07 on Dec 9, 2015, 3:44:23 AM
https://poe.mikelat.com/#JTE=hl/9sZxEBo/xZkRgl

enlighten only on wrath. 3 points into charisma. about 600 base mana now with mana improvements, i.e. about 100 unreserved mana. is that enough? Would acuity make it viable?

both buffs to tornado and lightning arrow make them look really sweet. i guess they are better than SA now.

and the buff to barrage ... omfg. thats a huge one. just do the math how much damage barrage+gmp does now .... lel. if you can get 6 dps links (i.e. no bm or ll) on barrage, holy cow !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info