On how hard it is to be creative in PoE and why the game definitely isn't dead or dying

On regards with the "build" thing... im offended.... as a theorycrafter who works his ass off making builds for people in my thread, i have no had one complaint, everyone is levelling splendidly, and im doing the community a favour, everyone had different varieties of builds, and its super fun making something different...

If you want to make something different, check out my signature for all the damn information, and gonuts for donuts.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
On regards with the "build" thing... im offended.... as a theorycrafter who works his ass off making builds for people in my thread, i have no had one complaint, everyone is levelling splendidly, and im doing the community a favour, everyone had different varieties of builds, and its super fun making something different...

If you want to make something different, check out my signature for all the damn information, and gonuts for donuts.

Had no idea you had that kind of thing going! Sounds wonderful. I'll check it out next time I'm trying to come up with a build.
Making builds is not hard. You just have to memorize every single gem in the game and their mechanics and interactions with every other gem, memorize every single unique item and their properties and interactions, memorize every item afix and suffix and then be able to differentiate between the two, memorize all content in the game and their unique mechanics, and find it fun to click on pixel circles in a passive skill tree planner for hours. What have I done with my life......
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
Boem wrote:
No steam charts to back up claims, disregard thread.

Gam daed.

Peace,

-Boem-

No strawpoll from BMB? - /end thread
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Barivius wrote:
Other games that shoehorn in rotations really do no different. May as well be one button.

I really don't understand how the majority of online gamers fail to realize this. IMO, rotations are just annoying and don't add anything fun to the game. I mean what's the difference? Memorizing 10 skills may be a bit hard at the beginning but after you have the knack of it it's really just the same as pressing 1-2 buttons except it's annoying and strains your fingers...
"
Barivius wrote:

Compare that to similar games, and you will see PoE offers more diversity than most (?all).

You can only play 1 build at a time. Builds can be good or bad. Build diversity isn't necessarily a good things when most of the builds isn't any good. Build diversity in POE is not utilized. Other games has less build diversity but more viable and effective builds to choose from, more active skills and more engaging combat.

"
eXecut1on wrote:
"
Barivius wrote:
Other games that shoehorn in rotations really do no different. May as well be one button.

I really don't understand how the majority of online gamers fail to realize this. IMO, rotations are just annoying and don't add anything fun to the game. I mean what's the difference? Memorizing 10 skills may be a bit hard at the beginning but after you have the knack of it it's really just the same as pressing 1-2 buttons except it's annoying and strains your fingers...

Skill rotation exist because of skills cooldown or duration. Cooldowns is how they balance some powerful skills. You're trying to do optimal damage/heal/buff/etc utilizing most of your skills. Skill rotation isn't something you follow blindly. Rearranging your attacks or interweaving other skills is often necessary depending on situation. Hitting 10 different buttons is harder that hitting one button over and over again, I don't see how anyone can argue against that.
Last edited by deathflower on Nov 20, 2015, 4:59:02 AM
here again you have to ask yourself "how do you (does some1 else) wants to play this game".

this is one of the beautiful things here that you can set your own goals.

But if you want to be successful and reach high level maps and do a large variety of map mods there is not much difference to D3.

In D3 you have 6 classes with 1-2 gg builds.
in PoE you have like 6 skills and can chose the class you want to play it with.

Not much difference if you ask me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info