New Permanent SC League?

Standart economy is not broken. Piles of eternals are the business of their owners and are not bad for other players. You are suggesting to take people's stuff away that they earned. Temporary leagues are exactly what you are suggesting: Everybody is as poor as you.

"
Mal_function wrote:

OK, eventually New Standard will clog up too, but because there are no items coming in from outside, it will take much longer, years....

But it takes some good players only weeks to get all those items, not years.
You are basically asking for a wipe of Standard because that is what would happen. The only people who seem to like the economy there are those who control it. There would be a mass exodus of everyone else to "new standard." The people who controlled "old standard" would be really salty and quit over having a dead league.

New Standard would be great for awhile, but not as long as you might think. Legacy items will come. The markets will bloat. Will it be worth pissing off the current players? I can't say.

It sure wouldn't effect me as a league player.
Yes, let's have a new permanent SC league every 4 months or so, but so the economy doesn't completely crumble let's end them say every 4 months as well. I know, they could go into a TRUE permanent SC afterwards so people's hard work doesn't get erased unless they want it to.
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
"
Timewar9 wrote:
Yes, let's have a new permanent SC league every 4 months or so, but so the economy doesn't completely crumble let's end them say every 4 months as well. I know, they could go into a TRUE permanent SC afterwards so people's hard work doesn't get erased unless they want it to.

what about a 3/8 month SC league that has unique mods for the league? like monsters you kill gives you their ability or ghost? rare/unique bandits? tell me what u think guys
"
You are basically asking for a wipe of Standard because that is what would happen. The only people who seem to like the economy there are those who control it. There would be a mass exodus of everyone else to "new standard." The people who controlled "old standard" would be really salty and quit over having a dead league.

New Standard would be great for awhile, but not as long as you might think. Legacy items will come. The markets will bloat. Will it be worth pissing off the current players? I can't say.

It sure wouldn't effect me as a league player.

If huge numbers of people really do quit "Old Standard" and join "New Standard" then that in itself tells you that Standard is broken, a bit like the current real world situation where your rich tiny minority control everything and the rest can go suck it. Does PoE need to mirror real life in this? A lot of these players might jump themselves anyway, as the early adopters are likely to become the new rich minority in the league anyway.

Markets might eventually bloat, but much more slowly because there aren't all these dead HC and temp league stashes piling in, and I reckon there would be a much more dynamic market, lots of trading and lots of crafting. PoE is starting to get more mature, so the number of items become legacy may not be as high as before.

I'm not even sure if I would switch leagues btw, as I'm pretty much solo/SF. I'd trade if there was a decent interface for it, but can live without. I raised this as an option having read some of the vast amount of discussion of the Standard economy. Some of it is quite vitriolic....
Another poor plebeian being jealous of wealthy elites on standard. Move on.
Maybe you could actually add a reasoned response?

Personally, I'm not jealous of wealth in the game or real world, I'm getting by in both, but I do think there should be more to life than "F*** you, I got here first, I own everything, including you". Sometimes a fresh start is good for everybody.

And as I said several times, I am not suggesting closing down old standard, just suggesting giving people a choice what they want to. In a game. Which you apparently don't want to do?
"
Mal_function wrote:

If huge numbers of people really do quit "Old Standard" and join "New Standard" then that in itself tells you that Standard is broken, a bit like the current real world situation where your rich tiny minority control everything and the rest can go suck it. Does PoE need to mirror real life in this? A lot of these players might jump themselves anyway, as the early adopters are likely to become the new rich minority in the league anyway.

Markets might eventually bloat, but much more slowly because there aren't all these dead HC and temp league stashes piling in, and I reckon there would be a much more dynamic market, lots of trading and lots of crafting. PoE is starting to get more mature, so the number of items become legacy may not be as high as before.

I'm not even sure if I would switch leagues btw, as I'm pretty much solo/SF. I'd trade if there was a decent interface for it, but can live without. I raised this as an option having read some of the vast amount of discussion of the Standard economy. Some of it is quite vitriolic....

Standard is working as intended though. GGG promised they would never wipe it. This is basically saying we won't wipe it but we will make it irrelevant.

What most people really want is leagues, even many in Standard. They don't realize how much you can really accomplish in 12-16 weeks and don't try it.
This is actually a really bad idea. The "fresh economy" and "new content" you're asking for comes every time GGG releases new challenge leagues (every 3 months). It used to be 4 month leagues but people complained that by the 3rd month it was already a ghost town. Heck, even as of today the 5-week darkshrine is rather short on active players.

Therefore, if you think 3 or 4 months is too short, that's another discussion, but your main concern is already addressed.
"
saltyvu wrote:
"
Timewar9 wrote:

what about a 3/8 month SC league that has unique mods for the league? like monsters you kill gives you their ability or ghost? rare/unique bandits? tell me what u think guys

What a great idea, I hope GGG are reading this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info