New Permanent SC League?

All these discussions about the broken, unfixable economy in Standard, because it's the dumping ground for all HC and Temp leagues in the entire history of PoE. Why can't we have a New Standard, permanent SC league?

New chars start with nothing, as usual. Chars killed in HC, or finishing a temp league, players have the option of dropping into Standard with all their gear and stash, or dropping onto the strand in New Standard with their level, but no gear or stash.

No massive pile of legacy items, mirrors, eternals etc.. A nice fresh start on an economy, just like the temp leagues but with a more long-term character development view. Trade will be there for those who want it, and all those naked high level characters will be wanting new gear, so trade should be good.

Leave Standard in place for those who want to stay there.

OK, eventually New Standard will clog up too, but because there are no items coming in from outside, it will take much longer, years....
Just come and play hc with us instead...
IGN:
I did say "Long Term". I think about developing a bunch of different builds with the gear I acquire over a period of months/years, repeccing as the mood takes me, the gear RNG gives me, and the full respecs GGG gives me.

For me, temp leagues are hardly worth the effort of getting into, too sort. As for HC, my experiences usually don't last longer than a few hours :)
I +1 this... HC requires too much investment, and a small mistake/lag/bug can get all your hours wiped. That's why I'am a SC player. But on SC league, there as so much good items and currency coming from other leagues that trading is a joke.
Average and average+ items, even when lowly priced take ages to go, even when connected 12h a day...

So after 2 weeks of intense playing, I think I'm gonna do a 6 month break as usual... If a new SC long term league is created, I'd play for longer periods that's for sure.
Ok fair enough guys, I don't buy or sell items so I don't have these problems.

To be honest I think the closest thing to what you're looking that you're going to get is the 3 month temp leagues which are already here.
IGN:
I've been solo SF in Standard all the time, and I'd still go with a fresh start.

3 month leagues, not really much for me as I tend to play one char for a while, then leave it for months, then come back to it when my gear changes or a respec comes along.

Anyway, it was just a suggestion to get over the whole Standard Sucks theme without dumping the whole thing :)
New and Permanent are contradictory. If they started making new permanent leagues, the old ones would cease to be permanent.

Not going to happen.
Why would the existing SC cease? Let it keep going for those who want it, as long as people are still there, and a new one for those who want that.

Let the market (PoE stats) decide which league lives or dies.
So you're suggesting two permanent softcore leagues?
IGN:
Yup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info