Teacher victimizes student

http://www.gastongazette.com/article/20151116/NEWS/151119188

"
Sgt. Dover said in the last month there has been ample time to uncover additional victims, but none have been identified.

“If another victim does come forward we will go ahead and investigate that,” he said.

When will these assaults stop????

I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?
They'll stop when everyone in the world suddenly no longer wants to have sex.

So... never, essentially.
When some countries stop having dumb laws.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
So the 'kid' was 18, and graduation was in two weeks. So, in theory, had she waited 2 weeks he would have just been some 18 year old guy.

I'd say I feel most sorry for the husband and the children of the teacher ( apparently there is a husband and kids ).
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
So the 'kid' was 18, and graduation was in two weeks. So, in theory, had she waited 2 weeks he would have just been some 18 year old guy.

I'd say I feel most sorry for the husband and the children of the teacher ( apparently there is a husband and kids ).

It's not a good situation for anyone involved. At our high school we had a few such teacher/student abuses, which destroyed the families involved and led to two students committing suicide after the teacher had lost interest with them.

My understanding is that laws such as these (North Carolina's against a teacher and that teacher's student) are done to protect people who are "under" another person's influence. Some companies have policies forbidding relationships between anyone who has supervisory capacity over another, and doctors are prohibited from seeing their patients in many place using the same logic. Overall, I think they make sense, especially given the historical patterns of abuse that have occurred.

Teachers are supposed to be helping students, not taking advantage of them because of age related differences in maturity, experience and income. The sentencing that usually follows is a joke, which further exacerbates the trend. Apparently background screening is not enough as the trend (Teacher/Student) is not showing any decline. We may need to develop some PET scan screening.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on Nov 18, 2015, 10:29:13 PM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:

It's not a good situation for anyone involved. At our high school we had a few such teacher/student abuses, which destroyed the families involved and led to two students committing suicide after the teacher had lost interest with them.

My understanding is that laws such as these (North Carolina's against a teacher and that teacher's student) are done to protect people who are "under" another person's influence. Some companies have policies forbidding relationships between anyone who has supervisory capacity over another, and doctors are prohibited from seeing their patients in many place using the same logic. Overall, I think they make sense, especially given the historical patterns of abuse that have occurred.

Teachers are supposed to be helping students, not taking advantage of them because of age related differences in maturity, experience and income. The sentencing that usually follows is a joke, which further exacerbates the trend. Apparently background screening is not enough as the trend (Teacher/Student) is not showing any decline. We may need to develop some PET scan screening.

If you strat prohibiting personal relationships because someone might get hurt, better ban sex altogether.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Abuse of authority to extort sex is a bad thing. However, I think some perspective and some common sense might be wise in situations like this. Maybe what happened wasn't 'moral' or pleasant. People probably have been hurt. I'm not so sure it should have been criminal though. I don't know a lot about American Laws, but it seems strange for something to be illegal by a week.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
Abuse of authority to extort sex is a bad thing. However, I think some perspective and some common sense might be wise in situations like this. Maybe what happened wasn't 'moral' or pleasant. People probably have been hurt. I'm not so sure it should have been criminal though. I don't know a lot about American Laws, but it seems strange for something to be illegal by a week.

There's a grey area morally but there's also a firm line lawfully. The line might be a bit arbitrary but if you don't have a line how do you stop actual abuses? I totally agree with the common sense, though; It's hard to imagine that the 18 year old brought the charge forward because they were traumatised.
Last edited by ladish on Nov 19, 2015, 11:23:57 PM
Traumatised? Hah. When I was at school, there were a few teachers whom every boy in the class would have loved to get traumatised by. What are these people thinking? How do you traumatise a teenage boy, who typically only thinks about sex, with consensual sex? Throughout most of human history, people were marrying and having children at 16 and less. Even the legal category in which they put these teachers is ridiculous. Statutory rape? Putting them in the same basket with rapists and child molesters, that's harsh.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 20, 2015, 5:11:22 AM

-The student was a guy,
-and 18, end of story.

The law forbidding sex between teacher and student?
Probably to prevent students from milking better grades.
In this case invalid; His grades were most likely already set in stone that close to graduation.

I'd like to know who got jealous and why they blew the whistle.
Also the use of "victim" in the article... jesus christ wtf.
I think my iQ just dropped by 100 thanks to this load of retarded bullshit.
Great journalism and even better showcase of the "justice system".
It should be illegal to have such laws in the first place... where is common sense these days?

"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info