How is it like to play now?

I played the closed beta, and I came back now. I'm wondering because of the low player base whether it is worth starting up? what is the game like now? can I get hundreds of hours of fun, or does it just drop off after a point?
I'm finding it fun, and I haven't notice a problem with the number of players. It depends what sort of mentality you have coming in though. If you want to push for mapping and create a bunch of different and interesting builds, the number of things you can try now make for many hours of fun monster slaying. If you are just in it to finish the story on normal difficulty, it's not hundreds of hours long...

Seems like you just created this account today and posted. Why'd you abandon your CB account? If you forgot your login info or something, support may be able to get it back for you.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
I played the closed beta, and I came back now. I'm wondering because of the low player base whether it is worth starting up? what is the game like now? can I get hundreds of hours of fun, or does it just drop off after a point?

December 11th is when the player base will spike again (as it does every league). I'd join Talisman league then. You may want to mess around a bit in Darkshrine to relearn the game some until then.

The game is so vastly improved from closed beta, that you owe it another shot. If you liked it a reasonable amount then, I have to assume it has a few hundred more hours to give you now. Depending on why you stopped playing in closed beta, YMMV. For instance if you hated the desynch, it is gone. If you disliked the map system and things gated by RNG, that's still here.
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
I'm finding it fun, and I haven't notice a problem with the number of players. It depends what sort of mentality you have coming in though. If you want to push for mapping and create a bunch of different and interesting builds, the number of things you can try now make for many hours of fun monster slaying. If you are just in it to finish the story on normal difficulty, it's not hundreds of hours long...

Seems like you just created this account today and posted. Why'd you abandon your CB account? If you forgot your login info or something, support may be able to get it back for you.

Ahh! I remembered the info. Thanks! I thought for sure they would have deleted the old accounts.
"
Can I get hundreds of hours of fun?

Yes.

Player base is in good shape, there is darkshrine league running now with shines that can give you crazy effect from using rare item :D

I have played in closed beta and game still keep me entertained. The difference is that game feel a bit faster and characters are more powerfull.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 19, 2015, 2:56:55 AM
The graphics have been optimized a lot, but some areas really stress out the shader effects. Investing in a new(er) video card will really help the experience. If you're interested in spending more money, I'd recommend the armor microtransaction effects, so your characters don't all look like bums.

As far as content and gameplay, massive improvements since CB. Massive. Incredibly improved. Lots and lots and lots of improvements.

PoE then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXcEIvJWimY

PoE now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COfWwoL72-c

Playerbase will come back when the League starts.
Definitely depends on your goals, how you feel about end game mapping, and how much you enjoy creating a build.

Since ARPGs are about loot finding and monster killing, it probably won't hurt you to give it another shot. If your journey takes you hundreds of hours, I'd say you won. If you tire of it after 5-10 hours, I mean, you still killed a lot of monsters. That may not be a win, but I wouldn't call it a loss either.
It's more about you, than about us. Some people absolutely love this kind of game and others are baffled as to why.
Game is good. Playerbase is low compared to, say, a proper MMO, but the Standard playerbase is always, at a minimum, adequate for any sort of online stuff you'd like to do, and even though the playerbase is below average right now, basically everyone that's playing is playing in the same league (Standard). Also, as mentioned above, player numbers are going to spike again in mid-December.
It is a whole new game now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info