exalted orb is the loneliness item

How exalted orbs can be the loneliness when everyone want them?
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Nov 17, 2015, 7:07:37 AM
"
kamil1210 wrote:
How exalted orbs can be the loneliness when everyone want them?

Everyone wants them to be locked up in their stash, then maybe look at them sometimes but never touch them again.
This is what OP meant.
"
SirSid wrote:
I use them alot.

Folks who do not use exalted orbs in crafting are seriously missing out .

Now not to say you should toss them around like candy but thare use is a bit more complicated than most seem to think. The general People will say things like " Never craft with a exsulted unless you hblablalbblablabla..

tl;dr you got lucky. Exalts will continue to be a commodity for most players.
Given that exalts are a very rare drop, there's no vendor recipe to create them (that we know of), and they get used in crafting, where do they all come from in the first place? There can't be that much of a supply of them. Given some of the prices for items, does not compute...

"
anvilgod wrote:
"
SirSid wrote:
I use them alot.

Now not to say you should toss them around like candy but thare use is a bit more complicated than most seem to think. The general People will say things like " Never craft with a exsulted unless you hblablalbblablabla..

of course it's luck it's Path of exile FFS. but after Yolo EX probley 100 time or more i can say it can be controlled MUCH more than the community seems to think .

Also keep in mind that Exalting has the potential to incresse the value of a item by huge proportions . You can fail multiple times and still come out ahead with just 1 good roll .

Pick the right items to exalt and over time you WILL come out ahead
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
Completed 20 Challengesanvilgod wrote:
"
Completed 2 ChallengesSirSid wrote:
I use them alot.

of course it's luck it's Path of exile FFS. but after Yolo EX probley 100 time or more i can say it can be controlled MUCH more than the community seems to think .

Also keep in mind that Exalting has the potential to incresse the value of a item by huge proportions . You can fail multiple times and still come out ahead with just 1 good roll .

I totally understand the relation between risk and profit. However different people have different risk preference. From what i see, "poor" player tends to be more conservative, while rich players, more likely have "courage" to accept the unexpected failure, thus they would like to take risk and become richer if lucky. Asking a poor guy to be like rich and gambling 1ex isn't fair
"
SirSid wrote:

Pick the right items to exalt and over time you WILL come out ahead

what you describe can be put as "the rich getting richer"!

i play selffound and usualy dont trade in 1 month leagues.
the amount of exalteds i find through playing is like 0-2 in a month.

to be able to craft (reliably) you need to play A LOT, find items, sell them (be online a lot), maybe be one of the first guys to get masters to 8 in a new league. definitely be one of the first to reach high level maps.

i guess you get where this is going ...

so you have to separate players on how they play and how MUCH they play. Also darkshrine is pretty dead so i don't know how trading is there atm.

back in 2012/13 i used exalted orbs myself but with the addition of masters i better keep them and craft something usefull on my good items.
also i find gg items worth exalting like once or twice in a month. and then it's better to sell it to someone in standard who still has eternals.

so i agree with op that crafting with exalteds is only for the super rich.
Using exalts makes people poor and happy, examples if I may:

Accuracy and max mana

Fire res and max es

max life and es

crit multi and (afaik) t4 hybrid

I'm aware I could buy better stuff for that exs but this is missing the point imo, which is- who owns who in that duet (of exalt and player)
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Nov 20, 2015, 4:43:01 AM
Well, I guess how people use exalts depends on how they see the game.
In my case, I view it as a constant improvement of my characters through play. This is why the 10% XP penalty on death angers me so much.
This leads me to try and get reliable improvements to my character, rather than uncertain gambles that may reduce my wealth/power by a lot without giving me anything in exchange.
"
Well, I guess how people use exalts depends on how they see the game.
In my case, I view it as a constant improvement of my characters through play. This is why the 10% XP penalty on death angers me so much.
This leads me to try and get reliable improvements to my character, rather than uncertain gambles that may reduce my wealth/power by a lot without giving me anything in exchange.

That has more to do with hight of standards* than urge to gambling. If I decide that item is fine enough to stay for long time I throw ex at it as it won't make it worse for sure. Ofc I don't insist that's one proper way to roll nor (espesialy) that's the most efficient one.

*I have wide definition of good enough. It triggers faster than with most of people too I guess %)

Spoiler
I like it bit slower, than many exiles, u know
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Nov 20, 2015, 5:12:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info