Whirling Blades Inspired Tattoo! (Completed!)

Original Post
What up guys? Long time player of Path, I have over 4,000 steam hours and have absolutely loved this game since beta. I'm getting my first tattoo done in about a week, and the original plan was a Divination Distillate tattoo. I'm looking into some more options now, and am hoping for opinions and suggestions from other creative players (or developers!!) on how I can make this thing as awesome as possible!

Here are the things I'd most love to get
Spoiler

Shadow

Witch

Start of the Skill Tree

Whirling Blades Skill Icon

Divination Distillate

I might have some other ideas in the future but first I'm gonna take these to my artist and see what she thinks. Any more ideas are greatly appreciated :)

EDIT: Alright guys, right now I'm leaning more towards whirling blades. It's my absolute favorite mobility skill and it's the first build I ever played in Path of Exile back in closed beta when I had no clue what I was doing. Plus, since I'll be getting it on my forearm it seems like something that just naturally fits. My next update will likely be after I've talked to my artist. I may even get it drawn on today to see how it feels, and if I like it.

Whirling Blades template I'm bringing to the artist:
Spoiler

Update #1

So I spoke to two artists about it:
Sean from Por Vida: https://instagram.com/seanglovertattoo/

Melissa from Evolution: http://www.evolutioninktattoo.com/melissa.html

Melissa told me how she would put it all together and that she was interested in the idea. She seems like a hard working person and with most of the art she does, I don't think anybody can doubt her skills. I sat with her for only about 10 minutes, showed her some images and videos, and she said she'd definitely do it.

Sean from Por Vida sat down with me and we talked about the game for a little while. He started a sketch for me, and went through how he would do it. He also said he'd be working on a full sketch of it and that he'll text it to me when it's done. He seemed really interested in the skill and the game, and I'm just waiting on that sketch now. I'll upload it here when he finishes! That'll be the next update, so I'd give it 1-3 days! I'm getting pretty excited to see how it comes out.

Welp, here it is guys! The finalized Whirling Blades inspired tattoo!

I'm very happy with the result, and I hope you guys like it as well! Thanks so much again to Sean Glover from Por Vida! https://www.instagram.com/seanglovertattoo/ He is an awesome guy that makes some cool shit :)

Reddit Post: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/3y6e88/whirling_blades_inspired_tattoo_completed/
Last edited by Malygaro on Dec 25, 2015, 7:21:06 AM
By the way, this cross might lead to some confusion and misconceptions. It's pretty similar to the Rose cross and some other variants which are associated with various Christian denominations.

It's also vaguely similar to some Russian prison tattoo crosses:

Spoiler

Not saying 'don't do it', just pointing out that there is a theoretical possibility of misunderstandings or wrong interpretation.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 16, 2015, 10:24:55 AM
I would get a drop bear tattoo or something if I got a POE inspired tattoo, or a voidbearer.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
"
Bars wrote:
By the way, this cross might lead to some confusion and misconceptions. It's pretty similar to the Rose cross and some other variants which are associated with various Christian denominations.

It's also vaguely similar to some Russian prison tattoo crosses:

Spoiler

Not saying 'don't do it', just pointing out that there is a theoretical possibility of misunderstandings or wrong interpretation.

Shit thanks so much for bringing this up. I'll probably get that altered.
Well, it's a very remote likeness and the tattoo would be obviously miles apart from those prison tats, just felt someone who has no concept of PoE or gaming might not understand it.

It's probably a far-fetched assumption and no one would think much about it. People tattoo all kinds of stuff nowadays.

I actually remembered how I was once mistaken for a neonazi because I was wearing a Blind Guardian hoodie and they use a heavily Gothic font. Still, this symbol is much more innocuous. I'm probably being paranoid. Also, me looking like an actual neonazi didn't help :D
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 16, 2015, 11:11:49 AM
As a female looking at it on your arm, it looks like the back of an old fashioned silver mirror. If you want the flask I'd ask the artist to come up with some sort of background to make it look like a flask.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

lol :D

Talk about perceptions. I hallucinate about Russian prison tats, Peachii sees a cosmetics accessory :D
Lmao well, points taken. Honestly this is bringing me back to my original ideas. At first I was thinking maybe some of the artwork from the keystones. Blood Magic, Mind Over Matter, Zealots Oath. Really cool artwork on all of them, and the game means a lot to me so as long as it's Path of Exile themed and I love looking at it and showing it off, I'll be happy.

I'll bring all of these ideas to the artist along with a few others, and see what she and I can work out.

Some other things I was thinking is Voidbearers, Maligaro, the Shadow or Witch character, the starting point of your skill tree, and the Whirling Blades ability icon.
Here's a Brutus tattoo. :-)
Updated the thread from Divination Distillate tattoo to potential other tattoos. I'll keep it updated :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info