BLAMT Boss Kill Points

"
Morsexier wrote:
1.5 x the amount of points for 6x time spent :D.

And the BLAMT boss kill was then what, 8.5x the points for 4x the time i guess (220pt 12hr compared to 26pt 3hr). Assumes ppl getting 220 points put ~12 hours into it.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Nov 19, 2015, 11:57:41 AM
"
unsane wrote:
"
Morsexier wrote:
1.5 x the amount of points for 6x time spent :D.

And the BLAMT boss kill was then what, 8.5x the points for 4x the time i guess (220pt 12hr compared to 26pt 3hr). Assumes ppl getting 220 points put ~12 hours into it.

And it seemed eminently doable in 8-10 hours. The /played for most people was around 8.

Still think they just didn't think anyone would do it!
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
I'm not against the idea of having difficult races give meaningful reward points, but this race was over the top.

Earning 200+ points in one race completely trivializes all previous races until that point.
Granted it was extremely difficult, and props to people who completed it.
Thus granting 3, potentially 4, out of 6 total rewards.

I put a lot of time into this season, and oddly enough finally earned points for the 500 reward margin. That is without finishing this BLAMT boss race. I'm proud of that.

I tried this race, sure, but the race is unfairly designed to pidgin hole builds. Everyone was doing flame totem, fire trap, firestorm. At least from what I could see.

IMO the point rewards of this race should have been halved, and the difficulty lowered. More people would have been able to compete, let alone get past Hillock.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
"
Hixxie wrote:

I tried this race, sure, but the race is unfairly designed to pidgin hole builds. Everyone was doing flame totem, fire trap, firestorm. At least from what I could see.

No they weren't.

"
Hixxie wrote:

IMO the point rewards of this race should have been halved, and the difficulty lowered. More people would have been able to compete, let alone get past Hillock.

Lowering the difficulty would defeat the entire purpose of BLAMT. Regarding the points, the rules of the game were known upfront. Dont see any reason to complain now.

"Compete in the regular races" where a huge chunk of the playerbase uses maptools and logout scripts.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:
"Compete in the regular races" where a huge chunk of the playerbase uses maptools and logout scripts.

Not sure about the point of that comment, but to be clear for newer racers reading:

1) Maphack tools are not allowed.
2) Logout macros are allowed.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Nov 24, 2015, 4:55:26 PM
"
unsane wrote:

2) Logout macros are allowed.

Really!? Must have missed the memo.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
It's allowed to bind alt+f4 to a key.

It's not allowed to use an autoflask/quit script.

The latter ones is stuff several racers use and from what I have seen regarding streamers getting caught with such scripts they only got the "no no no the script is illegal don't use it" if they didn't lie about being warned.

You should really watch some videos of close situations or rips and compare face reaction + handmovements.

I can't wait if GGG abuses a simple weakness to detect those scripts and then goes with "We warned over 2000 people using those scripts this is the last warning you get"
On the other side abusing this weakness allows them to talk their way out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info