Windowed Fullscreen Problem

I don't own an Nvidia card, but i changed my frame refresh rate(from 60 to 75), nothing.
My graphic cards is an onboard Intel HD 4600 with 1.6 GB shared memory, but it should be able to handle path of exile since i played some other games with better graphics on medium-high settings with no issues(Dota 2, Skyrim Etc.)
Here's dxdiag info: http://pastebin.com/wk13D50C
What's the name of the monitor? (The whole model number on the label, not the series name on the front)

How is it connected? (What type of cable)
Monitor: Datron H782F 50/60Hz 1.1A
I don't know name of the cable type its same as most monitors i've used/seen, but googled and it should be VGA.
Edit: its definitely not HDMI if that's why you asked.
Last edited by OgiMagi on Nov 20, 2015, 7:45:16 AM
Remove any extra displays/monitors in the intel graphics settings. I don't see how that could be the reason, since your dxdiag turned up no other monitors, but if they're there, remove them.

Do you have any custom resolutions?

If you do have custom resolutions/modes, remove them.

Make sure Scale Full Screen is checked. I have no idea what intel means by this setting.
Check these!

Then reboot.
Last edited by ionface on Nov 20, 2015, 7:59:39 AM
Nope, no extra monitors, also there was no scaling settings on my intel graphic settings interface, so i installed new version(thus updated the drivers too), checked settings you showed(also other ones too) still same. It's no big issue, but still occurring after all these stuff and not knowing what causes it actually started to irritate me more than the problem itself.
PoE will start up for me in any resolution, it stretches out the game inside a window or on the full screen. In fullscren windowed, it asks the operating system what the dimensions of the desktop are. That's the only reason I can think of it actually displaying the custom resolution in the settings. The question is, why is Windows telling the application that the resolution is what it isn't? In my search, I've come up with ridiculous monitor inf and registry hacks, but it seems like your monitor modes should all be supported.

One more time, remove production_Config, start up the game and configure the video options, then see if your settings are saved in the new ini file. It would be annoying if this isn't even the profile location that PoE is checking.

Are you using Steam to launch the game? A standard shortcut or Start menu?
I checked that when i first deleted config file, it does save different resolution options. I use steam and launch poe from steam shortcut. I might reinstall the game if i don't feel too lazy. Probably not gonna fix it but still.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info