Windowed Fullscreen Problem

Try rebooting?
"
ionface wrote:
Try rebooting?

It's been like this for like a week(and i close my pc before going to bed)
"
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Right click the taskbar > Properties and check "Auto-hide"? It's not a great solution, but it should work.

Then i see desktop in place of taskbar. Problem is not the taskbar, its poe not fitting on screen actually. Weird thing is as i said in first post if i switch to normal fullscreen then revert changes, then it fits.
Last edited by OgiMagi on Nov 18, 2015, 6:19:18 AM
Oh, so it's just the window size that's the problem.

You can manually edit it in the ini file, check production_Config.ini in My Games for resolution_height and resolution_width.
Ha, no wonder none of this stuff worked :)

Good catch ion, this is why I should always defer to thems what have the brains.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
ionface wrote:
Oh, so it's just the window size that's the problem.

You can manually edit it in the ini file, check production_Config.ini in My Games for resolution_height and resolution_width.

Didn't work but there's something interesting. Config file shows resolution as 1280x1024, which is my desktop resolution and should be fine, but when i first start the game, ingame resolution shows 1280x960 (with (custom) on right). I searched in config text if there's a different resolution command but no, only 1280x1024. So problem is game does not use res from config file till i change to fullscreen then revert. Any idea why?
Edit: i deleted the file so game could re-create it, set options to default as i expected but problem still occurs.
Last edited by OgiMagi on Nov 18, 2015, 5:23:13 PM
When you have your settings like you want them, try setting the file permissions to read only, and then starting PoE.
Already tried that, didn't work. But as i said, config file shows res as it should be, ingame res is the one that's wrong.
I just noticed from the original image that the window doesn't even reach the task bar.

What does the resolution in the options say once you've gone to full screen? Then back to windowed-fullscreen?

Do you have a second monitor?
Last edited by ionface on Nov 19, 2015, 6:22:33 AM
"
ionface wrote:
I just noticed from the original image that the window doesn't even reach the task bar.

What does the resolution in the options say once you've gone to full screen? Then back to windowed-fullscreen?

Do you have a second monitor?

It says 1280x1024 when i go to fullscreen, and still 1280x1024 after switching/reverting. It's only different when i first open the game, it says 1280x960 (custom), have no idea why.
Edit: i don't have a second monitor.
Last edited by OgiMagi on Nov 19, 2015, 9:46:01 AM
Please do a dxdiag, paste the report on http://pastebin.com/, and put the link here please. What kind of cable connects your computer to the screen?

Try adding a custom display mode using the graphics driver, http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/33641-screen-refresh-rate-custom-nvidia-brand.html. Follow the advice in the guide, don't burn out your screen, use values that it should be able to handle (1280x1024@60Hz, not 1280x1024@144Hz*).

Apparently this has been an ongoing problem with video games for years, and it has something to do with the correct monitor modes not being known by windows.

*this releases smoke

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info