Windowed Fullscreen Problem

Hello, since on normal fullscreen mod alt-tabbing takes some time, i switched to windowed fullscreen mod, and it works as i expected, i can instant alt-tab now. Although there is one little problem, when i first start the game, taskbar area on bottom stays visible, but if i change it to normal fullscreen, and then revert without saving, it gets fixed. Any idea what causes this or any way to make this permanent?
Also, here's a picture how it looks like when i first start the game:
http://i.imgur.com/dIZgvWs.jpg
Hmmmmm.

Can you go to your POE dir, right click on the .EXE, go to COMPATIBILITY and see if the Disable Diplay Scaling at high DPI is enabled or disabled?

Make sure the box is ticked.

EDIT: Forgot to mention to jump into your Resolution settings, and under the "Make Text blah blah bigger and smaller" that you're on the recommended settings.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Nov 16, 2015, 4:08:24 AM
Display Scaling at high DPI was disabled, enabled it and nothing happend. About the second thing, i didn't quite understand what you're talking about. Can't find "make text ..... bigger and smaller, neither on poe ingame settings nor settings on poe.exe.
Sorry, my bad.

Right click on your desktop in windows, open up Screen Resolution, and jump into the "Make Text and Other Items Bigger and Smaller", check the "Let Me Choose One Scaling Level" box, and then set your size to smaller (100%). You could also try medium (125%).

Hopefully (fingers crossed) that'll work. Otherwise we'll have to wait for someone smarter than me.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

It's already on 100%, and when i switch it to 125%, it becomes unusably ugly so even if it fixes original problem it wouln't worth it. Ty for suggestions tho.
http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker#download

Get this utility, and enable the disable_topmost option.
Either this really isn't my brightest day, or there is no "disable_topmost" option.
Seriously tho, i really don't see it. On a side note, tool is very useful, thanks for that.
"
Either this really isn't my brightest day, or there is no "disable_topmost" option.
Seriously tho, i really don't see it. On a side note, tool is very useful, thanks for that.

Yeah, this option was hiding:

"
The Advanced Options Editor can be opened from the tray icon right click menu, or from the main window’s system menu.
Last edited by ionface on Nov 17, 2015, 1:53:45 AM
Enabled it, didn't work. Also tried some other options, still nothing(to be clear, they did what they're supposed to do, just didn't fix my problem).
Last edited by OgiMagi on Nov 17, 2015, 6:29:33 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Right click the taskbar > Properties and check "Auto-hide"? It's not a great solution, but it should work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info