Lag/DC issues

I have no particular knowledge in this area, so this information is all Greek to me, but here ya go:

Here's a WInMTR report from November 12:

http://pastebin.com/zGqu3RmQ

Here's one from today:

http://pastebin.com/iRK8fXbM

This is on Ethernet, and appears to universally affect my net use, as I also experience chronic interruptions on other sites such as YouTube, and even just web browsing.

Getting old, fast, especially during race season! =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Hey there Raycheetah!

Those stats do show some troubling problems.

Here is the first hop shown:

|www.routerlogin.com - 0 | 224 | 224 | 0 | 55 | 1409 | 1 |

This is before traffic even leaves your house out to the net. See that highlighted number? That indicates the worst ( highest ) response time to the point before data leaves your house.
It looks like, in general, your response times are decent enough, but that you see spikes that you would experience as brief interruptions. This would be problematic for playing and most anything else.

Could you detail your in house set up a bit. What sort of router are you using? Are you wired to it, or do you wire up to a jack in the house that leads to your router? It seems local, so it should be something in the house you should be able to track down and fix. I'm betting you've already power cycled your gear, yes? ( router / modem / etc )

Do all machines in the house have problems, or is it just yours?

Edit - typo.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Last edited by MaxTheLimit on Nov 14, 2015, 6:43:44 PM
It's affecting all machines, yeah. Gonna haveta try another power cycle, just to be sure, but I'll wait until later, when it won't interfere wif the missus' activities. As for what sort of router, it's a Netgear G54/N150 wireless router. The cable tech hooked it all up, and it looks like it goes directly to the cable modem. Sorry if I'm operating from a position of relative ignorance, but that's the Luddite in me. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
It's possible that it is the router, or the connection leading to the house.

I'd try running a cable directly from the modem to a PC for test purposes ( temporarily ) .

You should be able to just plug in a cable and get an IP, which should have you connected out so you are able to run test. Just plug and go. If the problem goes away with the router out of the equation, you know where to look. If the problem persist, you can eliminate the router as the source.

I'd wire up directly to the cable modem with a laptop or whatever is most convenient, then run the same tests you have already.

Good Luck Raycheetah.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
Thanks, Max! I'll give it a shot. I anticipate that I'll simply have to get my ISP to send a tech out, since it's their modem, anyway, and he/she should be able to hammer out the details. =^[.]^=

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info