Hi, I stopped playing PoE for a while. Now I am trying to start again. I can log in to my account on the website and forum, because it is linked to my Steam account. However, at the game launcher log in, it seems I have to use my email. I don't remember I used an email before. So I tried to recover my password using every one of my email addresses, but the system says the email address is not found to all of them.

I tried to change my email, but it asks for my password. Since I logged in using steam, I don't know what the password should be. I used Steam password, but that didn't work.

So, can I find out which email is associated with my account? Or how to change my email associated with PoE if I logged in using Steam?
You have a Steam-only account, if you want to associate an email to it, you should PM support about it. You currently can't use the standard PoE client, but as you did before, you can use the Steam client: http://store.steampowered.com/app/238960/
I see. Thanks. I didn't see PoE in my Steam library, so I thought steam stopped supporting PoE. Didn't know it uses 2 clients.

So, if I want to assign an e-mail to my Steam PoE account, how do I do that?
Hi There,

In this situation we may be able to manually link an email address to your account, which would allow you to log in the stand alone (non Steam) client, but before we can do this there are some security steps that will need to be performed.

Could you please send a PM to our Support account on the Path of Exile website, confirming the email address you would like linked to your account? This needs to be sent from your Steam only account, so you will need to sign in using the ‘Sign in through Steam’ option available on the login page here:

https://www.pathofexile.com/login

and you can then send a PM directly to Support by visiting the following link:

https://www.pathofexile.com/private-messages/compose/to/Support
Hi Brian,

is it possible to use both ways to log-in/play afterwards - via steam and via stand alone client?
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Hey kcstar, if you have an account that has both an email and is linked to a Steam account, you can switch between your chosen client (Steam or Standalone) at will. You will need to log in to the Standalone client with your email address, and use Steam to launch Path of Exile to log in with your Steam account.

You will have to download patches and updates for both clients individually however, and you are only able to be logged on to one of them on the same account at a time.
Contact us at support@grindinggear.com!
"
Hey kcstar, if you have an account that has both an email and is linked to a Steam account, you can switch between your chosen client (Steam or Standalone) at will. You will need to log in to the Standalone client with your email address, and use Steam to launch Path of Exile to log in with your Steam account.

You will have to download patches and updates for both clients individually however, and you are only able to be logged on to one of them on the same account at a time.

Thanks, good to know. Will probably go for it...
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info