FPS Drops - what do

Hello, I'm very aware that this is a common issue that many peeps have faced as I'm playing this game for like 3 years now.

Still.

I got 16 Gigs of Ram
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 @3.40GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 960

How can I play PoE with 30 fps on some maps or even dropping to below 5 fps at times on Fracture Maps...
My build is not even anything fancy as in CoC stuff , just a regular Reave build (demonic reave effect)
How on earth can this be... I know a friend of mine who's got way wors components and running the game quicker than I do, and I just recently came to the conclusion that the only way this can be is the SSD he's got and I'm lacking.. but that can't be it, there's gotta be a solution...

I mean i can buy another SSD and install Steam (im using the Steam version) onto that stuff and play PoE that way... what do I have 16 GB of which like 14 GB are unused RAM.

I searched the web for everything to just allocate a few more Gigabytes of RAM to this game...
There's gotta be a way to do that...

What I tried: (without success
> Turning off Vsync
> Nvidia control panel: > adaptive Vsync (felt like it was worse for some reason actually)

Didn't try:
> going through the hassle of a RamDisk , manually updating that stuff and everything...

How come there still is not a simple solution of allocating more RAM to the game yet?
Is there really no option to make the game run smooth without making it look like a complete garbage can?!

Thanks in advance
How is the network latency? Do you run in Predictive or Lockstep networking mode?

Do you have any other programs running which might be taking up CPU cycles? With a similar CPU I get massive freezes when I'm recording 1080p video.

You should be able to run PoE smoothly on high settings with a GTX 960, but does disabling shadows or anything help a lot? What resolution are you playing at? Please do a dxdiag for us so we can see the specific drivers and details about your hardware (Use Spoiler tags or a pastebin).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info