got hacked...

all my good stuff is gone as for when it happened i do not know... i lost multiple 6 links.. pages of currency leveled gems... the works... master crafted weapons.. which i made that cannot be made anymore... tons of stuff a soul taker which i was borrowing from a friend...... like 4 andvarius rings.. and more not sure what to think.. considering i checked my email for any password change logs and i do not see it anywhere but my password was changed.... as well as unlocked somehow so they could steal everything...
they also created a hc char to steal anything of value there as well which was the most obvious thing i noticed when i logged in... since i have not played hardcore on here in years
my bringer is gone as well.. ffs my doryani's wep and physical belt is gone.. omg... and my amazing 1handed maces..
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that your account has been compromised, please feel free to email support@grindinggear.com so we may look into this further for you.
2 6 link armors gone... and my tabula rasa as well... this is fkEDDDDDDDDDDDDD my crit chance 40 /20multiplier amulet.. as well
ok i did just email support since i would like this to get looked into further
oh yes not to mention like 5 pairs of maligaros gloves :( im in shock everything good is gone...
well first off you might want to start with changing your email password from a clean device, then your game password...unfortunately the smarter "hackers" would delete the unlock codes and empty the trash.
And doubly unfortunate GGG will not restore items...all they can really do is assist you in securing your account.

Would be interesting to see what sites you have been visiting which are poe related or game related since there has been a handful of such reports over the last few months..even apps for the game like procurement/other and where you downloaded them from.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 14, 2015, 9:08:53 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Would be interesting to see what sites you have been visiting which are poe related or game related since there has been a handful of such reports over the last few months..even apps for the game like procurement/other and where you downloaded them from.

I'm curious about this as well, there have been quite a few complaints here and on reddit about compromised accounts. If you're on a Stand-alone client then the perps are going to need access to your email account to get around the unlock code security step... so where are they getting the email account and email password from.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
GGG can check their logs of where your account has logged in from. If the thief's connection was using the same IP, they were in your house. I mean, they may have been using your computer or your router to connect or redirect to the PoE servers. If that's the case, it might be best to re-install the operating system fresh from the install disc, and flash your router.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info