Build Feedback Request: Ele Staff Cyclone CoC

I'm feeling a bit stuck around Tier 8-9 maps. I can clear white and blue mobs fine but certain monster types and bosses are posing a real challenge in higher maps. I can't figure out if it's a DPS, Defense, or Sustainability issue. I either try to kill them quicker, or survive in a longer fight...which way would be the best to turn with my character from here?

I can't seem to take big hits, even though I'm running a decent amount of armor (chest piece could be improved) and 5 endurance charges with a Granite flask when needed. Also, any insight on how to handle ele reflect or switch up gems for curse immune maps? Any help/input on gear, tree, or gem setup would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Gear/Gems

Stats (offensive without frenzy/power charges)

Stats (offensive with frenzy/power charges)

Stats (defensive without endurance chargers)

Stats (defensive with endurance chargers)

Last edited by StyledEase on Nov 13, 2015, 9:49:38 PM
imo you do not have enough crit/aps
i love staves, but thats the main problem building something like a staff coc char

regarding your tree: its ok, but the weapon ele points are totally wasted since you dont make dmg with your staff itself
(Sorry for the late response)

Thank you for the feedback! My initial plan was to find a gg staff with 200+ edps while still having crit, aps, and spell damage rolls. That's been proving to be near impossible, so I've foregone the weapon ele dmg route and am focusing primarily on the CoC aspect. I've specced out of the wpn ele nodes to give myself another jewel slot and have been focusing on finding more crit chance. I'm definitely feeling an improvement this way, but a good build check was attempting atziri for the first time last night. Vaal and Trio went well, atziri herself did not to which I blame the low CC. I will work toward more aps/CC and think that should vastly improve the build.

From a defense standpoint I picked up an 18% block base staff and also swapped out molten shell to run a high CWDT with Immortal Call, which saves my butt often and is working well. So I feel better with that now.

Thanks again!
Last edited by StyledEase on Nov 19, 2015, 3:32:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info