So, when is the 200ms it D.C., Texas, and Cali getting fixed?

Started on Nov. 9, 2015. Game has been unplayable with 200ms latency since that day.
NO OTHER GAME IS THAT LATENCY FOR ME.

You cannot tell me that my ISP randomly decided to one day slow down packets from all 3 GGG USA locations, yet, not touch Valve official servers(CS GO), FaceIT servers(CS GO), ESEA servers(CS GO), H1Z1, community servers(CS S), Blizzard classic b.net servers(diablo II), Hearthstone(dont play it, just tested the latency), and Dota 2 official servers.

No, I am not doing WINMRT - it doesn't work.
No, I am not doing tracert - it doesn't work.

I have been playing via 4g lte tether since open beta and never had this problem until the 9th. No other game affected.

My speedtest.net numbers are always:
30+ Mbps down
10+ Mbps up
60-70ms ping

That 60-70ms ping is what all my games run for latency(including Path) until Path started showing 200ms on the 9th.

If memory serves, you guys did a patch sometime around then. I could be remembering wrong.

All I know is: the game is no longer playable when it use to be. Other games I play constantly (and more than PoE) remain just fine.
Even the biggest POE Streamers are willing to help GGG out by running the WinMTR tests.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1478252 - here you can see Hegemony working with GGG to find a solution to his issue.

The tests don't just provide a chance for forum users to help identify potential issues and provide advice, but they also offer GGG hard data to take to their service providers when trying to get issues solved that they cannot manage from home office.

I'd recommend reconsidering, 60 seconds of MTR is worth a thousand words and it takes less time to run than it does to write out your above post.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Someone doesn't know how the internet works.

Run the test nait has linked for 300+ seconds while you play, post the results, i'm sure you'll find that the problem is either your ISP or you, since there doesn't seem to be a page full of threads about the problem you are experiencing.

That WinMTR is not a fix, it's a test to locate the source of the problem, you could also try pingplotter, but saying i'm not going to run them while trying to ask for help...well lets just say "help" will be a long time coming.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 14, 2015, 3:34:15 AM
i contacted verizon. They see the problem and they're going to attempt to fix it. My lag started on Nov 9th too. They said it might be fixed within the next few hours. Here's hoping
8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Run the test nait has linked for 300+ seconds while you play, post the results, i'm sure you'll find that the problem is either your ISP or you, since there doesn't seem to be a page full of threads about the problem you are experiencing.

That WinMTR is not a fix, it's a test to locate the source of the problem, you could also try pingplotter, but saying i'm not going to run them while trying to ask for help...well lets just say "help" will be a long time coming.

[Removed by Support]

I have been using and programming with internet protocol since 28.8k dialup.

WinMTR doesnt work because everything returns bad which suggests that WinMTR be rerun with administration privileges. Still shows all bad results.

Tracert shows nothing but timeouts for all results, therefore, it is useless to post those results as well.

So, you tell me all knowing one, what would you have me do next when all other games are 60ms and POE is now always 200ms?

Scratch, I dont want your suggestions anyway. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Rachel on Nov 14, 2015, 8:10:27 PM
I don't think there is any reason to get hostile. I know you are frustrated, and so not coming from a great place, but name calling isn't really helpful.

I also don't think condescending or assuming ignorance is the best way to help someone.

If there was some sort of global issue impacting the DC, Texas, and Cali gateways, I think we'd be seeing a lot more of an uproar around here. So there must be something more specific going on.

Since it doesn't impact all games, I'd bet on it being a problem with routing.

It's a bit strange that all hops show 'bad' results, but I guess going forward with that as a given is the only choice. Does creating an SSH tunnel, or VPN connection impact things positively? Since you've got a networking background I'm going to assume you've got the means and know how to set one up without me yammering on to explain it.

My thoughts for trying it is that it changes the routing used, and how your ISP treats the traffic. I'm wondering if there is some sort of webcacheing, or traffic management that is impacting how PoE traffic is treated.

That or the route being taken to the PoE server locations is now hitting a router that is overloaded or something. You'd probably have a better idea, since you've got more data on the problem locally than we do. I can understand not wanting to reiterate stuff you've already ruled out or seems to be of little use in diagnosing the problem. But it does mean we don't have much to go on so far as information to help you come up with ideas.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
"
InMemorium wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

[Removed by Support]

I have been using and programming with internet protocol since 28.8k dialup.

WinMTR doesnt work because everything returns bad which suggests that WinMTR be rerun with administration privileges. Still shows all bad results.

Tracert shows nothing but timeouts for all results, therefore, it is useless to post those results as well.

So, you tell me all knowing one, what would you have me do next when all other games are 60ms and POE is now always 200ms?

Scratch, I dont want your suggestions anyway. [Removed by Support]

Ohh really?...you have so much experience and yet you can't get a simple program to work?...but whatever, you keep doing what you are doing...almost everyone else will continue to play the game without a problem.

Your assumption that it's the servers is wrong, you'll continue to have problems until your ISP fixes the problem...which could be quite some time if people fail to report it.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by Rachel on Nov 14, 2015, 8:10:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info