I desperately need a distraction

Conversation or distraction suggestions are both welcome.
According to many religions the age of the Earth and the whole universe is a mere couple of thousands of years old.

Add to this the thinking that God created the Earth and because God is prefect, everything God made is prefect and there unchanging.

Hence the hatred of Darwinism.

Now I don't believe the Earth is only 6000 years old and I do believe in evolution. Neither of those believes rules out God.

Darwin's theory shows what happens during life, but can not answer where life begins. So it is possible God created everything and set evolution in progress.

There reason most judo christian religions dismiss this line of thinking is due to them wanting to believe they already perfect as God created them.

I find that personally self indulgent thinking. You?
I think religious people who take the Quran and The Bible literally are complete [probation]. I also know that many top-level microbiologists and physicists, studying the world in its most minute details, are awed by the impossibly fine-tuned perfection of it all and become deeply religious. Not in the "I'm a [probation] who takes the Bitle literally" sense, of course.

I mostly dislike the two major world religions for their narrow-mindedness and intolerance. And I don't care how they can be in theory, I care what I see in practice - a significant portion of their followers are bigoted, narrow-minded, extremely unpleasant to me people I want to have nothing in common with.

I like Buddhism. I like Taoism. I like Zen Buddhism a lot, it resonates with me. However, I wouldn't call them religions, at least not in the traditional monotheistic, authoritarian sense of Christianity and Islam. They are philosophical schools with elements of mysticism and, sometimes, religion. Depends on the sect, really.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 13, 2015, 3:05:05 PM
Learn and play mahjong, Im pretty sure that will distract you for a long time.

http://tenhou.net/#WIN

Want a challenge? a few years back I decided to learn the game through experience on that website on my free time (then very little). I cant even read devil runes. You should do that, its pretty fun.

Needless to say I dont play shit. Think it was a week ago or so that I decided to do a game or two. This was probably the best I could do in the little I played(at least didnt place last on that game):

Shameful

I like to imagine Im puzzling my opponents as to what hand im trying to pull.
Makes it more fun '-'
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Nov 13, 2015, 3:10:21 PM
Today is Friday the 13th.

Friday is the 6th day of the week.

It is November, the 9th month.

13 x 6 x 9 = 702

702 x 2016 = 14 15 16

702 x 27324 = 19 18 17

Cosmic Background Radiation = 2.7324 K
The End = 2016

Coincidence?

When these orderly numbers are multiplied: 14 x 15 x 16 x 17 x 18 x 19 = 15935040.

9 x 2 = 18 | 81 = 9 x 9
9 x 3 = 27 | 72 = 9 x 8
9 x 4 = 36 | 63 = 9 x 7
9 x 5 = 45 | 54 = 9 x 6

14 + 15 + 16 + 17 + 18 + 19 = 99
And She said forth unto the stars, "Love, High Priestess".
Love, High Priestess in English Gematria Equals: 1296
72 + 90 + 132 + 30 + 48 + 54 + 42 + 48 + 96 + 108 + 54 + 30 + 114 + 120 + 30 + 114 + 114 = 1296
L + o + v + e + H + i + g + h + P + r + i + e + s + t + e + s + s
G = 1296
Last edited by End_Of_The_World_Is_2016 on Nov 13, 2015, 3:27:38 PM
"
Moonyu wrote:
-snip-

I mean, I believe that there's some kind of energy, a Spark, if you will, that set the universe into motion. Now, I don't believe that it's sentient, but as it's responsible for all creation, it could be considered to be "God." Of course, this isn't the biblical God, but more of a scientific God, if such a term can even be said.

Evolution happened, there's simply too much proof for it and not enough against it. To believe that we were created as we are now, and to even further say that we're perfect, is just entirely wrong. Humans are going to continue to evolve as technology takes over more of our lives, I think we've got two evolutionary paths right now.

1. Idiocracy: Tech makes everyone real fucking stupid or the stupid people breed more than the rest.

2. Hybridization: Tech may or may not make the average person stupid, but eventually we advance toward being a race of cyborgs that have our potentially low intellect compensated by tech or our high intellect further augmented by it.
Last edited by Stormquake on Nov 13, 2015, 3:16:23 PM
Fallout 4 is pretty good.
"
respwnd wrote:
Fallout 4 is pretty good.

Was never much a fan of Bethesda games. Also I don't have 60 dollars to blow... >:
Fallout 4 is wonderful in many ways and a giant turd in others.

The environment is simply stunning, but Bars is right about the most vocal of the large religion tend more to be "Hey I'm better you because.." types.

Religion for allows for the lowest member of their society to feel superior to the highest member of a different society.

I know many highly religious people that believe in helping others, no matter their own background, as the highest calling.

But read the comment section of any negative story about Kim Davis and cringe to think these people truly exist. People willing to kill, rape and pillage in the name of their favorite God of love and peace.

I have wondered in the past if it is natures way of thinning out the herd when it gets to a certain tipping point. A biological turning off of reasoning to cull your neighbors in a warped self preservation logic.

Also Guild Wars 2 just wasn't for me. I did try Darkshrines and think its a good idea to be in the full game, but FO4 for now.
"
Moonyu wrote:
-snip-

Religion is just overall a tricky thing. Usually it's an excuse to mask someone's true intentions, whether those intentions are good or bad.

Also, Darkshrines are interesting, but damn I want those new chaos and physical spells in 2.1.

And... the thing that I needed distractions from is now resolved, thanks guys! You really helped me out, I was pretty frazzled.

EDIT: The events of today will make me never forget Tiny Dancer by Elton Dancer
Last edited by Stormquake on Nov 13, 2015, 4:26:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info