Trying to Destroy the Destroyed Economy?

Love this new Darkshrine league but I have been wondering if this is just an effort to destroy an already severely lopsided economy.

After 1 year of play with no shavs drop the 4x tier one update came through and BOOM dropped a shavs within a week of that. It was the most anticlimactic moment, knowing it had nothing to do with my dedicated grinding and was only a result of a nerf to appease the whining masses.

Also one year of play with at least 100 atziri runs with no hope drop. Enter Darkshrine, "Seek the Apex" BOOM now mortal sets are about worthless.

I look around at my friends (the few still playing) pa build of the week here, incinerate build of the week there, even I am doing an srs build (not quite build of the week but honestly you could spec a summoner with your eyes closed since jewels were added - yeah I'll take 11 with 16% minion damage and cast speed pls).

All this chaos business coming out next is cool but where is the difficulty. Where is the struggle to secure the items you need to complete a build? I have been buying gear just to have something to burn jewelers and fusing into. Many items that used to be a couple exalts each are now a few chaos each and I buy them up just to science them.

So back to my question: (specifically for GGG, not for the flippers and scammers that are benefiting so much from these changes)

Why are you continuously reducing the value of our efforts? At what point in the destruction of item value will enough be enough? When shavs is 2ex? 1ex? Less?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Shavs has to do with how useful it is right now as well.

Low life isnt in a good spot and the only good build that uses it that is popular is the vaal spark build, which isnt for everyone.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
inb4 "Cheap Shavs and Mortal Hopes are good for the economy"
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Last edited by StDrakeX on Nov 13, 2015, 11:58:23 PM
Great drops are double edged, doesn't matter which league you are on some bugger can get the rarest items drop with good RNG...when it comes to grinding all it comes down to is how lucky you are...you have turned what should be a positive moment into a negative because of the perceived worth of an item in the future.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Cheap Shavs and Mortal Hopes are good for the economy :>
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
You could let 3 of your Next Shav's drops rot on the ground and then keep the 4th one, that could Validate it for you....
Hi

I want this economy destroyed. It is a joke. 3 years of playing and I have been forced to take regular trade cancer treatments to get a bloody exalt once and awhile since its been 5 months now at an average of 3+ hours playing a day without a exalt drop. How do I solo craft with these SHITE orb drops GGG?!?!

So glad a shav's dropped and you blame it on the dev's increase of unique drops. I am on the other side of the fence, if a bloody kaoms dropped now I would be extremely happy and would not attribute it to what the dev's did. Were the dev's playing my character when the item drops? NO, it was me.

These jackass wallabies who spam trade ''chat'' 24/7 need to be dealt with GGG, whatever happened to a max amount of messaging in trade cancer?, like 1 message every 20 secs per player? AND those bloody galoots with their infernal RMT spam can get rekted but even more so GGG can get rekted because they are the ones letting this happen to their game due to lack of trade systems updating.

cheers

Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Nov 14, 2015, 12:07:40 PM
Well all these are good points but what ggg has done is take things that take huge amounts of work eg mortal hopes and 20q gems and create very fast short cuts. Im not really sure about it we will see how darkshrine remains after the race, even though i am in full support for having more uber items out there.
All the recent changes are good for 3 leagues - temp sc/hc & perma hc - (and maybe longer races) for almost every player and only bad for standard(!?) if you participate a lot in trading(!?). But I was told a few times that standard is something GGG don't care about. I am thankfully not affacted by any negative effect therefore I really like all the drop buffs :>
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
Well ggg have said they care about standard and kinda have to since a 1/3rd of their players play there, my sense is the changes sting a bit since for example mortal hope represents so much player effort to get.
However ultimately it depends how darkshrines is Incorporated into the game. Still if ggg wanted more uber sets run they couldve simply buffed hopes drop chance. Part of me feels darkshrine is a bit of a cheap trick to get more players back to the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info