I need affordable PC that can play this game.

I'm currently playing on a mac port on a really old mac and I crash constantly.. but whats worse is that i sometimes have massive lag when encountering new effects, mostly bosses and it puts a steep curve on my progression.

I'm too incompetent to assemble one myself. Is there a site where I can find a ready to go computer capable of running this game that I could perhaps pay in installments?
You're lucky, they just did a roundup of the best prebuilt rigs on Tom's Hardware: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-gaming-pc,review-2219.html
Last edited by ionface on Nov 13, 2015, 1:48:03 AM
HERE is a link to a recent TechReport guide.

If you are the artistic type, they are running a give away for a high end PC you might want to register and enter. Free would be good.
"I would have listened... I would have understood!" - Scion

Have you removed Asus ROG/GameFirst yet?
thanks y'all, will check it out.
http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51-r3/pd?dgc=BA&cid=293617&lid=5620379&acd=12309217826278671&ven3=172702592683123688
Might be able to swing this one? Would this work? Is there anything in specs that is not good for this game?
Good luck in your search. :-)

I avoid pre-built anything for gaming and personal systems, but I understand not everyone wants to spend the time and learn to build their own. Plenty of gamers build their own PCs, as do I. So if you ever change your mind, feel free to ask on the forums, or PM me. I've hand built 100s of systems throughout my professional career, and have built dozens for myself, friends, and local organizations as well.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
God, these are so expensive. You should probably wait for black friday.
You can do an easy home build for around $200 like I did:

Phenom II x4 965
8GB DDR3 1333 (new)
ATI Radeon 6770 HD
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ mobo
Reused HDDs salvaged from broken laptops and 2.5" external HDDs
iN Win Mid ATX Case (new)

All in all, ran me under $200(already had legit Windows CoAs for Win 7 Pro, and a friend gave me his Phenom when he upgraded to an FX series).

You could do similar. Runs this game just fine around 150fps. Only struggles on stupid Dom final form rain.

Or, you could just search for some laptops with nvidia gpus on eBay that have an i5 or better. I got one for $80 that runs PoE at 60fps most of the time, except during Dom final form and Malc when the blood is spouting from everywhere, but it's still 30 fps.
"
InMemorium wrote:
You can do an easy home build for around $200 like I did:

Phenom II x4 965
8GB DDR3 1333 (new)
ATI Radeon 6770 HD
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AM3+ mobo
Reused HDDs salvaged from broken laptops and 2.5" external HDDs
iN Win Mid ATX Case (new)

All in all, ran me under $200(already had legit Windows CoAs for Win 7 Pro, and a friend gave me his Phenom when he upgraded to an FX series).

You could do similar. Runs this game just fine around 150fps. Only struggles on stupid Dom final form rain.

Or, you could just search for some laptops with nvidia gpus on eBay that have an i5 or better. I got one for $80 that runs PoE at 60fps most of the time, except during Dom final form and Malc when the blood is spouting from everywhere, but it's still 30 fps.

Holy crap 200$!

I could swing that. So that list is kind of just what I need. Even though I don't know what any of that stuff means. If I just buy all of those components I'll be good to go?
"
GeoExile wrote:
Holy crap 200$!

I could swing that. So that list is kind of just what I need. Even though I don't know what any of that stuff means. If I just buy all of those components I'll be good to go?

Unless his friend is also going to give you a CPU, and you have spare laptop hard drives laying around, I doubt that exact build will be yours. That was just an example PC build. $200 PCs are viable, however that price doesn't include a monitor, or fancy mouse, or anything extra really, it would be a bare-bones system. I would get a case big enough so that I could install a video card when funds were available, and design my bare-bones system around that plan.

Remember with financing you pay more:
Spoiler

If you have a $200 budget, and don't want to finance from Dell/Alienware or your credit card, we can help you find the deals during this Black Friday, and explain which parts work together, and what the build choices are. The bigger the budget, the better, since most ultra-affordable builds can't be upgraded. Tell us about what components you already have and would be willing to use on the new computer, such as your monitor, speakers, or an extra keyboard. Knowing your geographical location and whether there's a Microcenter around you or other computer stores would also help, in figuring out shipping costs and also knowing which online retail stores you can purchase from.

Although shopping for PC components can have messy configuration problems, assembling a computer from parts is as simple as hooking up a home theater. Everything is color coded and should snap into place without much skill needed.

Any of us can easily make a list of components for you to purchase, such as this example, and you could have these parts running in a couple hours, depending on how quickly your OS installation goes. Which brings me to another question, do you want to find a discounted Windows license, or only use SteamOS or something similar, or do you have a copy of Windows to install?

edit:
If you want someone to assemble it for you, a tech will usually do it for about $30.
Last edited by ionface on Nov 14, 2015, 2:49:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info