Content Update 2.1.0: Talisman Challenge Leagues, New Skills and more!

Nice to see a F2P with growing content. I'm an old diablo fan, even tried Diablo III, but my gamer side craved the Diablo II play style. New to PoE sorta, Started a year ago, but this game skill system and passive tree is amazing...and addicting lol more than fulfilling that Diablo II feel with what I would of expected out of Diablo III. This is my Diablo now. Lovin Path of Exile. Already brought a few friends to enjoy this game as well. The only thing I regret about PoE- not finding it sooner. Much fun guys, gj GGG :)
Just curious, with essence drain. There have been questions about whether crit will improve the DoT damage, I also want to know if Chain also effects the DoT damage (assuming it shouldn't because it's independent from the hit(?)). Cheers.
"
"
Rayzabladez wrote:

Ahhh...not again.

I like this game a lot, but these new coming updates and the nerfing of popular skills... and another skill tree wipe will be the end for me, I think. ... I don't want to have to start again, the last skill tree wipe was bad enough, thanks.

I hear ya! I've been playing since Open Beta -- IMHO, PoE is quickly becoming the game you play while you wait for the other games to come out. :-)

Fortunately, or unfortunately, GGG's philosophy is to keep the meta constantly evolving. :-/ Some people like this, some don't. i.e. My wife quit due to her skill tree constantly being reset and she had no idea what her build was supposed to be. The harsh reality is that GGG is never going to stop futzing with the game. If we could get the ability to "tag" nodes so we could "soft-plan" our build it would help ease the migration when the passive tree is reset.

If GGG would stop nerfing existing builds, all in the excuse of "balance", it would appease us veterans who just want to "complete" our build instead of starting (almost) over from scratch each new league / season. Since that ain't going to happen, what I've done to keep the game fresh is:

* Take a few months break and play other games
* Race
* Switching to Hardcore (partially because the economy isn't as fucked as up standard)

I really wish there was a thread only for us veteran players (who have been playing the game for at least 2+ years) where we could consolidate and voice our opinions. Shiny is great and all, but some of the long standing issue really need to be addressed. Hopefully sooner before we get bored of the game.

Google is your friend. There is an offline talent calculator, and online one where you can map out your build. They've even released this newest one early, so you can take about twenty minutes (if you really have no idea what you're doing) and re-do your build for the adjustments.

It really is not that hard. And this is assuming that remembering the finer points of your oh-so-precious character is some Herculean feat. Which it isn't. Since if it was so dear, you'd know what nodes and stats you want.

Sorry to be condescending, but this is so far from an issue that it baffles me. You literally have to try to find something to be angry about to find fault in the free respecs, of all things.

At the very least, try and use all the tools available to you before giving up and crying foul.
"
Nice to see a F2P with growing content. I'm an old diablo fan, even tried Diablo III, but my gamer side craved the Diablo II play style. New to PoE sorta, Started a year ago, but this game skill system and passive tree is amazing...and addicting lol more than fulfilling that Diablo II feel with what I would of expected out of Diablo III. This is my Diablo now. Lovin Path of Exile. Already brought a few friends to enjoy this game as well. The only thing I regret about PoE- not finding it sooner. Much fun guys, gj GGG

This story for president. It's like, me too dude, this is like Diablo 4 brah.
If you stand next to a double boss Corpse-Explosion, you're gonna have a bad time. RIPKRIPP
"
evinta wrote:

Google is your friend. There is an offline talent calculator, and online one where you can map out your build. They've even released this newest one early, so you can take about twenty minutes (if you really have no idea what you're doing) and re-do your build for the adjustments.

It really is not that hard. And this is assuming that remembering the finer points of your oh-so-precious character is some Herculean feat. Which it isn't. Since if it was so dear, you'd know what nodes and stats you want.

Sorry to be condescending, but this is so far from an issue that it baffles me. You literally have to try to find something to be angry about to find fault in the free respecs, of all things.

At the very least, try and use all the tools available to you before giving up and crying foul.

I _already_ have offline calculators for PoE 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 2.0. As guild leader I already help my guildies migrate their old build to the new skill tree. It gets tiring to do this. Every. Freaking. Patch. Especially, when one has have 6+ characters.

I'm NOT complaining about the free respecs -- I'm complaining that we can't "make notes" about our _previous_ build to help us _migrate_ _in-game_.

Last edited by Michaelangel008 on Dec 8, 2015, 12:01:30 AM
Last edited by InventorOfTrees on Jan 23, 2017, 11:24:25 PM
Hi all

Quick question how long is the talisman league & if I do the STD league and I die do I have to start the league again? Might seem stupid questions but I don't usually play much of leagues and not really good at doing builds either so I'm not one of the lucky ppl who can do these and get to high lvl's quick.

Thanks in advance.
IGN: The_Nutcase
"
ToxicXfi wrote:
Hi all

Quick question how long is the talisman league & if I do the STD league and I die do I have to start the league again? Might seem stupid questions but I don't usually play much of leagues and not really good at doing builds either so I'm not one of the lucky ppl who can do these and get to high lvl's quick.

Thanks in advance.

they last a few months(3, 4 months), so you don't really need to level all that fast.
There will be a Standard and a HC league. meaning:

-If you die in Standard (SC) Talisman league you just re-spawn in town and continue doing what you were doing. When the league ends all characters are moved to permanent standard league and so does the stash which adds a remove only tabs in permanent standard.

-The HC Talisman league will send you to permanent standard league if you die! And when the leagues end, the stash is moved to permanent HC league along with any surviving characters you still have.
Last edited by Acek13 on Dec 8, 2015, 6:48:30 AM
These leagues start always in night in Europe.. Balance that starting time fuckers!
"

Sounds like its time for you to tell your guildies to put their big boy pants on and handle fixing their builds for themselves (or to try new builds on the new leagues). You can make notes about your build: alt-tab out of the game and open a text document.

There really is no reason for them to spend dev time on implementing such a feature when it would honestly only benefit a minuscule percentage of people - players who want to continue using their old standard characters at the start of a new league, who have so many characters that they can't remember all of their builds, and who are unwilling to use a text editor/piece of paper. This is also ignoring the fact that you can save your builds using the offline calculator itself.

Since you've never shipped any games it is understandable you're ignorant about UI and don't have a clue about (good) user experience.

I've been shipping games since 1995. It takes about a few minutes to implement "Right Click on a Node to Highlight it and save it to the player's favorite nodes". This isn't rocket science, just (basic) computer science.

Requiring people to manually track their build and use third-party utilities for something that can (or could) be done in-game is completely retarded.

The skill tree could also be given some Quality of Life features such as "showing the shortest path" when you hover over a node that the offline skill tree browsers implement.

Just because _you_ don't use it, doesn't mean others won't find some TLC given to the skill tree useful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info