POE irrational hate

So the net keeps dropping where i live right (does this a lot but this time its when ever i start playing the game), so i go online to look for a solution. Type some keywords into google and some threads come up from the blizzard website, battlefront or what not. They were all named more or less "Why i hate poe" and "Poe is the worst game of all time!!". My curiosity peeked, i decided to have a gander. I have never seen such an irrational hate before haha, seriously! I can understand if you don't like a game, you wanna discuss why and provide some criticism, as is your right to. This though was something on a another level. It was the ravings of mad men and lunatics lmao. I will never understand people like that. I mean don't get me wrong there are things that annoy me about this game, enough to stop me from playing for like a year, but i didn't go all nuclear and put so much time and effort into mindlessly hating the game lol. Also if anyone has had the same problem net dropping out please let me know if they fixed it.
Ah thanks, ye my spelling is terrible. Quite atrocious actually. Always was a numbers person lol

Ye but dude in the beginning i found the game confusing as hell and hard (original beta) but i found it as a challenge. Probably why i always end up coming back, no other game really does it for me anymore (at least ones i can afford lol). Their gripe with the graphics made me laugh, i mean look at The Order, visually stunning game that was terrible.
so what's the criticism of these haters about again?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I think it has to do with the PoE White Knights, Hi buddy!! :)

People that play PoE have acquired a reputation for beating people over the head with how good it is, how much better it is than D3, etc, etc. Always feels like they are trying to justify their choice. It's blowback from that.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
I think it has to do with the PoE White Knights, Hi buddy!! :)

People that play PoE have acquired a reputation for beating people over the head with how good it is, how much better it is than D3, etc, etc. Always feels like they are trying to justify their choice. It's blowback from that.

But... it IS better than D3 etc. etc. :(
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
The opposite of love is indifference, not hate. I can illustrate it with my short history of D3: I was hyped, pre-ordered it, played it for two weeks straight after release... then I quit. I didn't bother to write threads about it, I didn't talk about it, I just quit and became completely disinterested.

When they released the expansion, I saw a lot of hype, speaking how it was a completely different and better new game, bought the expansion, played it for two days straight, quit and never turned it on again. Didn't even bother to visit the forums to say anything about it. I actually gave my blizzard account to a friend who wanted to play it. I didn't tell him 'it's terrible, don't' - I simply gave him the account and told him he could do whatever he wished with it.

No one invests so much time and effort in hating something if it doesn't interest them in some way. Also, aggression is a defensive reaction. It means someone feels threatened, or wronged, by its object.

A large part of PoE hate comes from the fact that it creates a false impression: it looks like something it isn't. People see the sea of possible builds, passive and active skills, and think it's a cool relaxing game where you get to fool around, try wild combinations, be creative, have some casual fun... but at some point they realise you have to invest a vast amount of time to explore even a fraction of the game's build possibilities and everything is gated behind hours upon hours of grinding and scrambling for resources. It also requires uncompromising optimization and min-maxing to play endgame, which means the build variety isn't as great as people think initially. It is extremely casual-unfriendly. This creates disillusionment and resentment.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 13, 2015, 3:49:30 AM
Since you're having trouble with the connection, do one of these https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789, and then make a post on tech support forum.

I wonder if their hate is somehow tied to their hardware. It's easy to see why someone would hate such a fan-fucking-tastic game when they can't play it without major problems. I am beginning to feel the need for a video card upgrade, even though this old budget card still gives me ~70FPS solo, it's getting harder and harder to group.
For the same reason Fifa players hat PES, or Battlefield players hate CoD, or Yokai Watch players hate Pokemon... people love to pick sides.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I was just trying to get a convo going about irrational hate of stuff lol should of been more specific. As for the net problem im flying back home tomorrow night so in 20 hours back to my home net! Yaaay.
Last edited by Zac89 on Nov 13, 2015, 9:19:28 AM
To be fair, there's probably more D3 hate on the D3 forums themselves than every other game put together. Those forums are incredibly toxic, especially the general forum. Class sub forums are usually better but than it's the same 4 questions asked 100 times each with 2 decent discussions about the game sprinkled here and there.

Personally I don't see why people hate D3, or any game for that matter. It seems the gaming industry lives in a world where liking 1 thing means you have to hate every thing else. Why can't someone like a few different genres or have different goals in different games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info