Where were you when the GGG killed Incinerate?

"We're also improving several game systems including: monster damage, leech, the passive skill tree, mana costs for melee skills, spell progression for high level casters, the power of low-level bows and the power of early minion skills."

I hope they don't nerf summoners. Just recently came back to the game and enjoying my summoner.
"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
I should have seen this coming. Seems whenever I play something it gets nerfed.

If you only play the "OP flavor of the month" builds, don't be surprised if that's what happens. If a build seems to be TOO strong, it's probably going to be nerfed at some point. If it's so strong that nearly everyone is playing it, it will definitely get nerfed.
"
Hlifhildr wrote:
"We're also improving several game systems including: monster damage, leech, the passive skill tree, mana costs for melee skills, spell progression for high level casters, the power of low-level bows and the power of early minion skills."

I hope they don't nerf summoners. Just recently came back to the game and enjoying my summoner.

If anything, that sounds more like they're buffing them, at least at lower levels.
I doubt incinerate will be nerfed much when the new more damage support gem is taken into account.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Just a noob question. So many crit builds get to the 100k-200k damage. I liked the way incinerate worked, no crit but a constant damage.
The question is: is crit the only viable way to archieve uber damage?
^^ some crit builds get to high dmg but its generally at a high cost the life/dmg/defence ratio of incinerate is very high.
"
veganviking wrote:
Just a noob question. So many crit builds get to the 100k-200k damage. I liked the way incinerate worked, no crit but a constant damage.
The question is: is crit the only viable way to archieve uber damage?

Damage per se is meaningless. Clear speed is the most important. You can get excellent clear speed without crit.

I've seen build videos of melee crit builds with 200-300k tooltip DPS who clear slower than another build with 80-100k dps.

If they nerf incinerate, that will be a serious blow to the power of non-crit casters, though. IMO they need to buff most of the crit-based spells, not to nerf incinerate. We'll see how it goes.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Nov 14, 2015, 4:11:55 AM
I was in my mom's basement.
But it hasn't been adjusted yet so how do we know?
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
StDrakeX wrote:
But it hasn't been adjusted yet so how do we know?
Induction, my friend. There were vastly more nerfs than buffs so it is safe to assume aforementioned adjustment will be the nerf rather than the buff.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info