Where were you when the GGG killed Incinerate?

"Where were you when the GGG killed Incinerate?" In front of my laptop, in other news wouldnt it be good if they found another way to keep poe fresh, instead of nerfing stuff to the ground then watching it slowly creep back. (like hell you know new maps, perhaps one non unique map a month.)
Last edited by Fhark on Nov 12, 2015, 5:56:39 PM
Why people play meta builds in the first place? Probably going for top 100 or something,.. idk.
I'm an average sc player, for the next league i'll play cleave or freezing pulse, with ranger ofc, i like rangers and blue hair :)
People are sick of incinerate anyway, time to play something else lads.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Probably one of the most nerfed/buffed spells of all time.

It was useless when it was put out, so it got buffed. Then it got buffed again because it was still weak. Then it got nerfed because it was too strong. Then it got buffed when Spell Echo got released. Then it got "nerfed" by removing shotgun, which only made it stronger because they overbuffed it.

One of the few skills out there that's non crit and decent for solo-mfing. Hopefully it doesn't get nerfed that much. If they remove spell echo, it will still be good with the coming poison supports ect.
"
zalfargia wrote:
Probably one of the most nerfed/buffed spells of all time.

It was useless when it was put out, so it got buffed. Then it got buffed again because it was still weak. Then it got nerfed because it was too strong. Then it got buffed when Spell Echo got released. Then it got "nerfed" by removing shotgun, which only made it stronger because they overbuffed it.

One of the few skills out there that's non crit and decent for solo-mfing. Hopefully it doesn't get nerfed that much. If they remove spell echo, it will still be good with the coming poison supports ect.

I believe the skill will still be good because of the last sentence of the second paragraph. I was scratching my head for a long time about why Incinerate was overbuffed wile spells like freeze pulse, Ice Spear, and Fire Ball are out classed to the point were it is very impractical to build around them. This leads me to believe there is a benefit to the game having Incinerate be good. GGG once said one of the good things about the Spectral Throw meta was a new player could start the game and find the skill on the beach and be able to experience its power. Incinerate looks to be the same case.

Of course they need to tune it down for the crazy buff it is getting with poison, I predict it won't even be a damage reduction, just ramp up its mana and force players to invest in mana to use it.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
because it's one of those spells where you have to stand still and tank things, you can't kite with it => it should have some of the highest damage around

i hope they don't reduce the damage by more than 15%, that would be really bad

also almost all other spells need a serious buff, spells like fireball or freezing pulse or spark have been dead for a very long time, fireball was never alive even

can they finally make this game a bit more balanced or are they really just making a few very overpowered things per patch and then practically removing them?
Last edited by 1235 on Nov 12, 2015, 6:39:57 PM
channeling spells are the boring man's spell. The only thing going for incinerate in terms of fun is whirling blades.
I bet Incinerate Will get its damage reduced by 25% to even out the 25% more damage from Controlled Destruction ^_^
"
Teplokot wrote:
I bet Incinerate Will get its damage reduced by 25% to even out the 25% more damage from Controlled Destruction ^_^
You forgot about Void Manipulation(thou must aye balance with "worst" possible outcome in mind), so it'll be not 25% but 100-100/(1.25*1.25) = 36%...no, 40% reduction. Why 40? Just because reasons :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
I vote they bring back shotgunning for Incinerate and Freeze Pulse specifically.

:D

Those were the days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info