Thanks for a great game GGG, hoping to reach 100 in next few months before I die (for real)

Since I was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago I have played POE a lot. A hell of a lot. I Have several characters in the high 80s and 3 in the 90s.

Last week I was given the bad news that my condition is now terminal and I only have a few months left. So soon I will really be a "no lifer". I have set a goal to get my best character to level 100 before I go. He is an incinerate marauder currently at level 90.

Obviously I don't know how long I have left and getting a character to level 100 (softcore) is not exactly going to be top of most people's bucket list but I have played video games for 40 years now (Im 61) and that's what I wish to do.

I would just like to thank GGG for this great game. It has given me a lot of pleasure over the years.

Wish me luck in my quest for 100 !
Last edited by WizzoPOE on Nov 11, 2015, 12:29:19 AM
Last bumped on May 7, 2016, 11:07:59 PM
Speechless.
Tears.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Op,

Don't know what to say ... good luck on the journey.

Andy

p.s. I told my wife, I reckon no reason to fight cancer, life has been good to us....
Last edited by RGVsUrTexas on Nov 10, 2015, 11:37:46 PM
joined july, 3, 2015....

"
Moonlight33 wrote:
joined july, 3, 2015....

Previous account got banned?
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Jerle wrote:
"
Moonlight33 wrote:
joined july, 3, 2015....

Previous account got banned?

I was wondering when the first post would turn up assuming that I am trolling/have some other agenda.

I can assure you that I am not.

Advanced metastatic bowel cancer is no joke my friend.

I won't have any bad feelings for anyone else that thinks that this if a fake post. TBH it was not that long ago that I would have thought exactly the same.

And before someone posts the rather obvious "can I have your stuff" the answer is "if you are lucky".

At the end I will no doubt have to go in a hospice. Hopefully I will have enough notice that I will be able to give away all my gear. I currently have about 20ex and another 100-150 ex worth of gear so someone will get some benefit.

EDIT: I am so sorry as I did not read your post correctly and read it as a reply to me. I apologise.
I assume the join date is a reference to some other unfortunate sufferer who was diagnosed on that date.
Last edited by WizzoPOE on Nov 11, 2015, 12:26:40 AM
Good luck with the 100 mate.
I guess because of how forums work people are quick to assume this is a fake post. However in this case we're talking about a serious issue, so I'd never make such an assumption. If it were fake, all we would be doing was finding an internet troll, which in the grand scheme of things really means very little. On the other hand, we can assume it's real and offer our feelings for Wizzo. Don't let anyone tell you what to put in your bucket list, bro. Happy gaming.
Best wishes =) May your last days be filled with wonderful memories.
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
PM me your address! I'm sure the team can put together some stuff for you to enjoy.

Best of luck with the journey to 100.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info