Usual currency spent for 5 and 6 link

I'm going to buy a chest armor some time soon, and I want to craft it 5- or 6-link. What's the usual amount of currency spent for doing it? I have an insignificant amount of fusings, ~280 jewellers, ~800 alterations and both Vorici & Elreon lvl 6. Should I go for any of that crafting?
You have ~170 fusings worth of currency. You cannot expect a six link with that. You'll be able to guarantee a five link with vorici for 150, but the expected amount is a little less for a six socket and you have a chance at getting a lucky six link before the five link on a six socket armor. I would try to five link manually on a six socket but it would not be that unusual to fail with just 170.

If you have a five socket and not a six, just use vorici, the odds of five lining a five socket are lower than five linking a six.
"
You have ~170 fusings worth of currency. You cannot expect a six link with that. You'll be able to guarantee a five link with vorici for 150, but the expected amount is a little less for a six socket and you have a chance at getting a lucky six link before the five link on a six socket armor. I would try to five link manually on a six socket but it would not be that unusual to fail with just 170.

If you have a five socket and not a six, just use vorici, the odds of five lining a five socket are lower than five linking a six.

How much would I need in common to 6-link a 6-socket item? Just wondering. Thanks.
"

Not true, odds r the same. U have double possible link combinations on 6s compared to 5s, but also 2 possible 5L combos. Else source plz.

The spread of fusings needed to 6L is just to big, to have a good number. It can go all they way from 1 to 5000+. If u 6L 100 items, than u would in average pay less, then voricis service. If u just want that 1 6L, either buy one or use vorici.

If u go 200 fuses for 5L, it is still not that bad, 50 fuses r not that much. For 6L however it would mean 500 fuses over vorici, pretty big amount. And going for 5L has also a chance to give u 6L, so it justify the risk. U cant go better, than 6L.
"
1337fun wrote:
"

Not true, odds r the same. U have double possible link combinations on 6s compared to 5s, but also 2 possible 5L combos. Else source plz.

The spread of fusings needed to 6L is just to big, to have a good number. It can go all they way from 1 to 5000+. If u 6L 100 items, than u would in average pay less, then voricis service. If u just want that 1 6L, either buy one or use vorici.

If u go 200 fuses for 5L, it is still not that bad, 50 fuses r not that much. For 6L however it would mean 500 fuses over vorici, pretty big amount. And going for 5L has also a chance to give u 6L, so it justify the risk. U cant go better, than 6L.

Okay, I get it. Thanks.
it varies CRRAZILY, here is the stuff ive 6linked BY ACCIDENT (going for 5link or in case of 1000ribbons - FOUR link). most of these were under 50 fuses (i think that ribbons and Hyrri's Ire were both under 30). linked the QoTF few days after that also with minimal expenditure

on the other hand i try not to think about the sheer throng of orbs spent to 5link this

it is a game with unclear rules and if you have to ask how much it costs - you cannot afford it

best part - 5link is perfectly adequate

^ in the last few 100 fusing ive used. the shavs took 2 fusing.

^ took about 900 on its own

so variable. Id just do it by hand, 6 socket first, always 6 socket. Then just spam fuse as you get them until something happens, easy as that. It cant evade you forever, ull get a 5 or 6 link eventually.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Nov 9, 2015, 2:33:27 PM
"
Jeaciaz wrote:
"

How much would I need in common to 6-link a 6-socket item? Just wondering. Thanks.

1-3000 fusings or so depending on luck maybe more if really unlucky.
Wow. Does anyone have a really solid grasp on the odds (with and without quality)? I've been stockpiling orbs of fusing to get the sure thing from Vorici. I can't decide if that's a good idea now. What are some more people's experiences with doing it themselves? For those of you who got lucky, did you use armourer's scraps or not? 1,500 orbs of fusing doesn't sound so bad next to 3,000 or 5,000.
It was confirmed, that q20 stuff has more than double the chance to get 6link than q0.
So if you are going to craft yourself a rare chest then 6linking while its white is the best option.

If you need a unique 6link, then you won't have enough scraps anyway so just go for 5link, if you get 5link sell it, and repeat this until you get lucky and finally get a 6link or get enough currency to buy one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info