Corrupting Strongboxes

When you Vaal a strongbox should you alch it first?

Thanks

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Generally it's best to transmute it and alt/aug it until you hit mirrored/+ items/IIQ (in order of desirability). That's all you really want, and the chance of getting both with an alch is minimal.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Nov 8, 2015, 7:33:04 PM
^ True, and true enough to the point where I don't go out and craft boxes with the intent of Vaaling them, but rather opportunistically Vaal strongboxes I find that are good for it.
"
viperesque wrote:
Generally it's best to transmute it and alt/aug it until you hit mirrored/+ items/IIQ (in order of desirability). That's all you really want, and the chance of getting both with an alch is minimal.

I have a question about mirrored items, if you don't mind. I don't have a lot of currency, so right now I just transmute them. Sometimes "mirrored items" is a mod and I get items with no affixes that just say "mirrored." What does this mean?
Last edited by sithren on Nov 9, 2015, 12:05:47 AM
"
sithren wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

I have a question about mirrored items, if you don't mind. I don't have a lot of currency, so right now I just transmute them. Sometimes "mirrored items" is a mod and I get items with no affixes that just say "mirrored." What does this mean?

Mirrored means every content inside the box has a "mirror of kalandra" applied to it.

A mirror of kalandra creates an unmodifiable copy of the item it is used on.

On a box the roll is aptly called "of kalandra".

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
"
sithren wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

Mirrored means every content inside the box has a "mirror of kalandra" applied to it.

A mirror of kalandra creates an unmodifiable copy of the item it is used on.

On a box the roll is aptly called "of kalandra".

Peace,

-Boem-

Thanks. I got that mod with boxes that I transmuted. Sos kind of funny to have a bunch of normal and magic items get mirrored.
It can be quite cool though !

You can get boxes with mirrored and +2 sockets for example drop a 6 socket item (which you can sell for 7 jewelers) and then its doubled :)

Or if you get a box with the modifiers "contains x rare items, identified, mirrored" you can do the "two of a kind" recipe.(which gives a chance orb)

etc

Some time ago you could roll it on cartographer boxes, which would double the maps obtained from them, but this was removed because it could get fairly ludicrous.
(my best mirrored carto gave me i think 24 maps or so)

It's not a modifier i aim for though, but it can be quite beneficial on the random occurrence.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info