Damage reduction order (ECharges, Fortify, AA, LCoil)

Hi

What is the order damage reduction applies?

Let's assume a character uses 5 Endurance Charges, Arctic Armour (lvl10 = 10%), Lightning Coil, 75% Lightning resist, Fortify and gets hit by 10'000

I assume:
1) AA goes first due to the keyword LESS. So 1'000 is mitigated.
2) Fortify comes next due to the keyword REDUCED. Fortify mitigates 1800 damage -> 7200 left.
3) The conversion goes next. 2'160 out of 7200 phy is converted to lightning and after mitigation the character takes 540 lightning damage. 5040 phy damage remains for further mitigation.
4) Endurance Charges and Armour. Since Armour is hard to calculate let's assume the caracter's Armour is negligible. Therefore 5 Endurance charges mitigate 20% a final 1008 damage.

The character takes 4032 physical and 540 lightning damage, a total of 4572 damage.

Is this correct? If not, please correct my order. Thank you very much.

Last edited by fae76 on Nov 8, 2015, 3:41:02 PM
Just about entirely incorrect :P

Conversion always occurs first.
Resistances are calculated second; for Physical Damage, this means Armour and other sources of Physical Damage Reduction.
Being a More-type multiplier, it doesn't matter whether you add in Arctic Armour before or after Increased/Reduced Damage Taken.
Fort, being Reduced-type, is additive with other sources of Inc/Red Damage Taken, such as Shock and Abyssus.

10000 * 0.7 = 7000 Phys taken, 3000 Lightning taken
3000 * 0.25 * 0.8 = 600 Lighting taken (Res/Fort)
7000 * 0.8 * 0.8 * 0.9 = 4032 Physical taken (ECharges + 0 Armour, Fort, AA respectively)

EDIT: Fortify applies to all Hits, not just Physical! Fixed.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 8, 2015, 5:51:38 PM
Yup, you almost got it fully backwards, I recommend watching IЯЯEVERSIBLE.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Thanks Vipermagi :-) Do you have a source?

In your example, should Fortify not also apply to the lightning damage?
Last edited by fae76 on Nov 8, 2015, 4:06:43 PM
Good thing you fixed it, it seemed you were thanking me for the recommendation, which you probably aren't :)

There are multiple posts from devs explaining it in detail, the mechanics are well known so you don't really need to waste time checking it, it's as it says (and yeah, fortify works on all hits, regardless of damage type).
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
This time my thanks go to you raics :-)
Whoops I forgot Fortify is way too good :P My bad, edited.
Check out my spreadsheet if you want to actually see how these damage reductions add up. Link in the description, original post here.
Great PoE utilities!
Aura Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Vorici Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
One-shot calculator: https://goo.gl/IJhYDx
"
didii wrote:
Check out my spreadsheet if you want to actually see how these damage reductions add up. Link in the description, original post here.

Very useful spreadsheet. Thanks a lot for the link :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info