Trapper Questions

Isn't flame surge not much better for single target - compared to fireball?
I saw an interseting build on youtube. Called "the restless trapper against...".
At the end he shows links and items.

What I dont understand is why fireball for single target. Should flame surge not be stronger against burning enemies?

And of course the defiance seems weak. Less evasion cause EB and no acrobatics. But he uses 3 auras instead.
Super interested in running a trap build to start the new talisman league out, Just having trouble settling on a general build.

Anyone theory crafted with the new tree at all? Probably wont be able to make a final setup until the final patch notes are released with the changes to spell damage? possible trap damage as well?
"
tobiazl wrote:
I saw an interseting build on youtube. Called "the restless trapper against...".
At the end he shows links and items.

What I dont understand is why fireball for single target. Should flame surge not be stronger against burning enemies?

And of course the defiance seems weak. Less evasion cause EB and no acrobatics. But he uses 3 auras instead.

Apparently it's simply a matter of initial preference.
Since there seem to be many experienced trappers in this thread, maybe someone can answer my questions about a theorycrafted build...

1. How do you ever go about sustaining your life pool? I wanted to use regeneration from Blood Dance boots but it's not me who would gain charges on kill but the trap (I think). Leech and life gain on kill doesn't work, so what remains?

2. How much damage per trap (without multitrap) would be viable in maps? Specifically, my build would use Rain of Arrow traps and deal about 9k damage per such trap. I have no idea if that's enough or far too little.

Thanks a lot!
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
"
scrooge999 wrote:
Since there seem to be many experienced trappers in this thread, maybe someone can answer my questions about a theorycrafted build...

1. How do you ever go about sustaining your life pool? I wanted to use regeneration from Blood Dance boots but it's not me who would gain charges on kill but the trap (I think). Leech and life gain on kill doesn't work, so what remains?

Flasks. Lots and lots of flasks.

"
scrooge999 wrote:

2. How much damage per trap (without multitrap) would be viable in maps? Specifically, my build would use Rain of Arrow traps and deal about 9k damage per such trap. I have no idea if that's enough or far too little.

Thanks a lot!

It's a bit low, I had difficulties with 70 maps using a 15k tooltip DPS Fire Trap on a crit trapper build.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Going to look for another (trap) build then I guess...
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info