How do I survive in a BLAMT race?

I tried BLAMT today for the first time and it was hilarious! My first 2 Templars RIP'd on the Twilight Beach and then I switched to Ranger - which worked surprisingly well. I farmed the beach for all that it was worth but had no real luck. RNGesus had forsaken me, not even a blue. Still, I got Hillock and made it into Lioneye's Watch only to die to a couple of crabs in Coast. Damn, they are quick! Also: Skellie Totems, really dangerous!

My question is: how do you keep your flask charges up. As ranger or Witch you can at least fight at a distance right away. But how do you pull it off as melee? How do you get past Hillock as melee with only 2 health flasks?

PsydoPS: I in love with Magma Orb during the Endless Ledge Burst. It's like bowling if you are really drunk and don't care about the lane! =D
Is Magma Orb viable for maps and does it scale well through the leveling process?
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
As a melee u fight normal bobs open chest and hope for ranged weapon drop before hillok, at least that is what worked for me in the past. If u dont find any, u r screwed.

Yes, magma orb is viable in the maps. But kinda needs a 6L for tier 10+ to feel good. Still doable with 5L. Check the thread in my signature ;)
"
1337fun wrote:
As a melee u fight normal bobs open chest and hope for ranged weapon drop before hillok, at least that is what worked for me in the past. If u dont find any, u r screwed.

K, that leaves ranger or witch for me as my RNG luck was, or rather the lack thereof, is extremely reliable.

"
1337fun wrote:
Yes, magma orb is viable in the maps. But kinda needs a 6L for tier 10+ to feel good. Still doable with 5L. Check the thread in my signature ;)
Nice build, I like what you did with EB, MoM and BM. Looks like I might want to 5-link my Infernal Mantle after all - or rather buy one. Thanks!

PS: I might build this as a Templar. The damage loss seems to be minimal and I just like his voice acting. This could be a fun build for the 4-month league! =3
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
Last edited by Col_Jessep on Nov 8, 2015, 2:47:28 PM
I've played melee Marauder and done OK in BLAMT. You need lots of life and regen from nodes and gear. DW claws with Molten Strike goes a long way keeping your life up. Also get fire trap to help recharge flasks when you have to run. Maybe carry a spare bow for some nasty totems that you need to take out at a distance.

Watch out for the detonate dead totems as well as the skellies. Don't stand around on dead mobs in BLAMT unless you know what's around you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info