Are there any character "Roleplay" builds?

I'm mostly curious to see if people have come up with any "Roleplay" builds. I.e a Witch that uses all of Shavronne's Gear and skills she would be liable to use, a Daresso themed Duelist etc.
I've seen some attempts, it's usually possible as those uniques rarely hard-counter one another. Lioneye is the trickiest one because he has a bow and a shield, but I've seen a build that used the bow for packs and switched to a melee weapon when pinned down and to kill bosses.

When making something like that, the rest of your gear needs to be really good to cover for bad set pieces so it can be somewhat expensive. In any case, such builds won't be terribly strong so it's unlikely you will see them in class section.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I see~!

I wanted to try my own, currently I think a Doedre one would have the best chance at having a good power-accuracy ratio.

Especially with the new support skill announced, since it's basically tailor made for her.
"
Zephryl wrote:
I see~!

I wanted to try my own, currently I think a Doedre one would have the best chance at having a good power-accuracy ratio.

Especially with the new support skill announced, since it's basically tailor made for her.
You can't roleplay Doedre without a "increased character width" MTX...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:
I see~!

You can't roleplay Doedre without a "increased character width" MTX...

Well, I'm working on the assumption that the Trio were less mutated before they went all Nightmare-spawn, so Doedre may have been less... substantial.

Would probably be easiest to roleplay Kaom.

You can have a pretty solid build with Kaom's Heart, Kaom's Primacy, Kaom's Roots, and maybe a Kaom's Sign.

Blood Magic Cyclone Spin to Win perhaps? ;)
Or even reserve all mana for auras then use BM cyclone.

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
Would probably be easiest to roleplay Kaom.

You can have a pretty solid build with Kaom's Heart, Kaom's Primacy, Kaom's Roots, and maybe a Kaom's Sign.

Blood Magic Cyclone Spin to Win perhaps? ;)
Or even reserve all mana for auras then use BM cyclone.

-Savage

Ooh, a good point. I didn't think of Kaom, somehow.

Although we have Kaom as an enemy, so, I don't think Cyclone would be the most thematically accurate way to do it. Probably the strongest, but, not thematic.

Suppose the Kaom build would be modified a fair bit depending on if you had Legacy Heart or not.

Edit:

Would the Headhunter belt be Kaom related? The flavour text is one of his advisors, but, Kaom wore Lioneye's head on his belt, so I'm in two minds over whether it fits or not.
Last edited by Zephryl on Nov 9, 2015, 3:52:10 AM
I would not 'roleplay' even if GGG finally introduces set item bonuses. For almost every unique hero has too many crappy unique items.
I'm still new to the game but all the characters I work on are characters from the Dresden Files series. Mostly I just try to find proven builds that fit the character I'm making and only tweak them slightly to fit the theme. Hopefully they're still viable at that point. I definitely consider skills and gear, but so far theyre all works in progress. I still need to make a Harry Dresden (duelist incinerator ). That will be a challenge to make viable with the skills, gear, and class combo.
"
WoundedDuck wrote:
I'm still new to the game but all the characters I work on are characters from the Dresden Files series. Mostly I just try to find proven builds that fit the character I'm making and only tweak them slightly to fit the theme. Hopefully they're still viable at that point. I definitely consider skills and gear, but so far theyre all works in progress. I still need to make a Harry Dresden (duelist incinerator ). That will be a challenge to make viable with the skills, gear, and class combo.

Hahaha. Does it not bother you other players are killing monsters 5 times faster than you and almost never dying?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info