So I got kicked off - 'logged in elsewhere'

My account got hacked - first time I've ever had an account issue in 15 years of online gaming. Any chance the account can be rolled back? (I sent an email to support but was wondering if any people had an experience.) [Edit to add: Kicked off & computer turned off, ran to grab my laptop, changed my account password right away, but it was too late. This seems like a pretty standard trojan issue, but virus scan isn't finding anything, I haven't run any new programs recently, but I'm still nervous to even connect my main PC to the internet]
Last edited by cabiz on Feb 14, 2013, 9:37:01 PM
Wow, just found this thread http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110446/page/1 -- if there's nothing that can be done, I regret spending all the money I have supporting POE.
Last edited by cabiz on Feb 14, 2013, 9:44:43 PM
This is clearly a pretty advanced system they've got set up - I was logged off for about 2 minutes (went to the restroom) and when I came back, i was logged off. When I got back on, 99% of my things were gone, my tabs reordered & renamed, and mostly only white items left. Some sort of automated something clearly is at work here. This is a devastating issue.
There are some FOUNDATIONAL things going on here, too - just in terms that someone logging in in a new location SHOULD NOT kick me off - it should BLOCK them, and probably send me an alert.
Also the sad/scary thing: I never typed my password once :(
2 minutes to do all that? Automated program you say? Sound like you tried downloaded some hacks and it took over your account.
Twitch.tv/Nithryok

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info