Vigilant Strike THEORYCRAFT

Hi guys!
I'm trying to build a Shadow using Vigilant Strike as main spam. I know this skill is not too good but it interested me from the beginning and i tried to create something.
There are two version for this skill: the first use the stun to recover Endurance Charce and reset the skill cooldown time; the second one is through the crit to generate endurace.
In my opinion the second one is more efficient but more expensive. The first one has too many condition and map mod that counter the build (for example "Cannot be Stunned" on a yellow pack).
For the second version I thought about an hypotetical gear:

Spoiler
Head: Abyssus or Rat's Nest, it depends on prefering crit chance o multiplier.

Body: Daresso’s Defiance, a good way to generate endurance.

Gloves: Maligaro’s Virtuosity, good for crit chance.

Boots: a rare one with life, 2 res, movement.

Belt: physical Doryani's Invitation is a good and cheap option, otherwise you can use a rare leather belt with life, life, res, armor.

Trinkets: Voll’s Devotion and Romira is a good way to generate endurance charges during a boss fight. The second ring could be a rare one with crit implicit and physical damage, crit and life as explicit if you prefer to be aggressive or life/res as implicit and life, res and crit as explicit if you prefer a defensive mode.

1st Weapon: Bino's Kitchen Knife, one ofthe best unique items for this build.

2nd Weapon: a couple of options, first you can use another Bino for more dps, secondly you can use a rare ER/ARMOR shield with res, life; a good and cheap choice is Sou Taker.

The combo that generates Endurance Charges is built with Daresso, Romira and Voll's amulet. This doesn't mean that there is 100% chance to generate Endurance on hit/kill but it could be enough to play the build.

The elemental resistance could be a problem because there aren't many slot in gear that could have res, so you could use the jewels to compensate the lack of resistances.

The gem setup could be:

Spoiler
5L/6L: Vigilant Strike+Melee Physical Damage+Multistrike+Melee Splash+Added Fire Damage+(Increased Crit Multiplier if 6L)

3L: Hatred+Herald of Ash+Enlighen

3L: Rallying Cry/Enduring Cry+Increased Area of Effect+Increased Duration

4L: Whirling Blades+Faster Attacks+Power Charge on Crit+Melee Physical Damage

4L: Ice Golem+Minion Life+Minion Damage+Multistrike

4L: CWDT+something

Also Warlord's Mark is a wanderful option and now i'm thinking how to use it

Yesterday, talking with a friend (oNemesis), we made the trees of all classes for this build and we concluded that the Duelist could be the best option.
Now all the trees follow at level 85:
Spoiler
Scion

Marauder

Duelist

Duelist Iron Reflexes option

Ranger

Shadow

It's still a prototype but tips and advice are welcome.
Skeggǫld, Skálmǫld, Skildir ro Klofnir
Last edited by Mordenkran on Nov 18, 2015, 8:21:41 AM
Regarding the support gems, I think Faster Attacks and Increased Critical Damage are worthy options. I might swap Added Fire Damage with Faster Attacks for the 5-link and add Increased Critical Damage to the 6-link. However, if mana management is a bit of a problem, Added Fire Damage might be better, and Increased Critical Chance would be good too if you really needed it. I find ICD better than ICC when CC is at or above 20%. Then again, crit chance needs attack speed to be effective when it's around 20%.
IGN: Tastes_Like_Piety: Lvl 88, Standard, Shadow Melee Tank
Last edited by GeminiWorldship on Nov 7, 2015, 12:14:26 AM
thanks for the tips.
I think Faster Attacks has a problem: more attack speed means that the skill consumes too many charges without the certain to regain them. Increased Critical Multiplier is a good idea that I didn't cosider
updated the second weapon slot and the support option
Last edited by Mordenkran on Nov 15, 2015, 4:27:42 AM
"
Koenig wrote:
working on the same idear at morning.

Any tip?
"
Koenig wrote:
Romiras Ban.
Volls Dev
Volls Prot.

Romiras Ban. Generate PC on Non Crits, Looses All on Crits
Volls Prot. Generate PC on Crit
Volls Dev. Switches PC to EC.

As a Crit build i think it will work.

not cheap.

i want to create a build with Vigilant.

if u want u can contact me ingame: Vxle

I don't like Voll protector. I prefer daresso's defiance because the generation of endurance on kill that skip the romira+voll's devotion combo.
I also think to a crit build.
Yesterday I discussed with a friend and we concluded that the best class for crit vigilant is the duelist. There is a tree ideahttps://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAuR0V7Irw6UbKkITZR369NmVNvqdgQWNwAAZieRX2DY1br90NFSAtgxm0Sn3jn4d24l6A4bcX_MU4lk2SI_ajiu4OjX2VZgSxTGBRRzB8_94k_edU7T831H3jLOGsZrk-2HZHBtvntMXC7AW1jb-OipfQ225W9fGKbAhsjGKsnapjQ_LhDkgN0XBSidNw1V3y8-oqC7VI7UGmfxa_sbNh4iaVVUuMNpoTcFaQGxGW29RJUfDVlS4HHoazLOkR1VeX028uU9rBQzES4aLqhO8FLXTt. We think it is the best because it balances damages and defenses.
Contact me in game as Mordenkran
For bosses there are romira and voll's devotion. These two are the same that are used in Mjölner build
In The next few days i'll test my build
"
Koenig wrote:
So i have test my build with different gear and i have think it sucks realy hard.

i brake the development of the build.

Why does it suck? Lack of AoE, survability, DPS, sustenibility?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info