vanilla descent length

1 hour for this is way too long, either increase the zone size, increase density by alot or reduce the length to 45-50 minutes
I Agree. This shouldnt be another farm every zone race, you should have to progress and kill efficiently as you go. Getting to the end with 10+ minutes left in the race after full clearing the last 3 zones is ridiculous.
Yeah it should be 40-50 mins for sure
100 #1 - PA Rank 1 Flashback | 100 #2 - Cyclone Standard | 100 #3 - Support top 50 Talisman | 100 #4 - Support Rank 5 PHC | 100 #5 - Earthquake Rank 51 PHC | 100 #6 - Vaal Spark Rank 5 PHFB2W
For descent to be shorter I think there would have to be a lot of work done to not make it feel strange, you end up spending 15+ minutes in the last 2 zones on a full clear.

I think 50-55 is a better number than 45-50, but just my 2c.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
For descent to be shorter I think there would have to be a lot of work done to not make it feel strange, you end up spending 15+ minutes in the last 2 zones on a full clear.

I think 50-55 is a better number than 45-50, but just my 2c.

i dont know how strong certain classes are but i can see witch fullclearing it in 40-45mins with decent rng. i think 50 would be fine for starters
I spoke to the race team and they explained:

Since races length and points rewards are tuned towards the least-performant class (in this case, the Ranger), most classes will have an easy time in events such as Descent: Champions and Descent. There was an effort made for this race to be less frustrating. It feeling much easier is an outcome for experienced racers.

Hopefully, by next balance patch the gap between classes shouldn't be as big as it currently. The introduction of Shrapnel Shot helps Rangers a lot. Eventually Descent: Champions and Descent may get Act 4 content to make them longer, which will also help with their duration.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:

Since races length and points rewards are tuned towards the least-performant class (in this case, the Ranger), most classes will have an easy time in events such as Descent: Champions and Descent. There was an effort made for this race to be less frustrating. It feeling much easier is an outcome for experienced racers.

Hopefully, by next balance patch the gap between classes shouldn't be as big as it currently. The introduction of Shrapnel Shot helps Rangers a lot. Eventually Descent: Champions and Descent may get Act 4 content to make them longer, which will also help with their duration.

class balance and more zones would definitely work
"
Chris wrote:

i dont think decent feeling easier for an experienced player was the problematic outcome though, but rather exhausting the content well before the time limit? maybe it's semantics? i think i hit the last zone which is lvl 32 at 23 (or maybe 24) which is wild. so in that case i wouldn't call tackling a lvl 32 merciless penalty zone at lvl 24 easier. i didn't full clear every zone, but i guess that is going to be needed in the future, until more content is added or the time reduced.

i personally would like to see the content extended and there not being a hard stopping point but bosses for every zone, maybe smoothing out the zone levels so it's not so dramatic as well?

i'm excited to see what changes will be made.

-HeaT

ps. hey jani was it frustrating for you when you were winning demis for every decent race as a ranger? i remember that season, pretty crazy.
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Nov 6, 2015, 9:44:56 PM
"
HeaT1 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

i dont think decent feeling easier for an experienced player was the problematic outcome though, but rather exhausting the content well before the time limit? maybe it's semantics? i think i hit the last zone which is lvl 32 at 23 (or maybe 24) which is wild. so in that case i wouldn't call tackling a lvl 32 merciless penalty zone at lvl 24 easier. i didn't full clear every zone, but i guess that is going to be needed in the future, until more content is added or the time reduced.

i personally would like to see the content extended and there not being a hard stopping point but bosses for every zone, maybe smoothing out the zone levels so it's not so dramatic as well?

i'm excited to see what changes will be made.

-HeaT

ps. hey jani was it frustrating for you when you were winning demis for every decent race as a ranger? i remember that season, pretty crazy.

because there was 2 or 3 ppl playing ranger that season. rip Boof never forget
"
Chris wrote:

Hopefully this next exp in December 2015 brings some other balance changes as well, as an incinerate/poison arrow meta is quite boring. IMO, 2.0 ruined build diversity and if you're not running either of these two skills in a temp-temp league (aka 1M flashback or 5 week Darkshrine), you feel like you're gimping yourself. And please revamp Enlighten, all it's doing is increasing the gap between perm vs. temp league build viability. Lastly, physical damage mitigation...
IGN Ken__Kaniff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info