Incident Report for 03/11/2015 17:35NZT Outage

Glad I wasn't around when this happened :D
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
After reading the title I was like; "Why would they be talking about an outage from March?", then I remembered, the date is in New Zealand language lol

No, it's the rest of the world. Americans just try to be different.

I prefer and recommend YYYY/MM/DD for any correspondence involving readers from multiple nationalities. Then there's no ambiguity.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
After reading the title I was like; "Why would they be talking about an outage from March?", then I remembered, the date is in New Zealand language lol

I prefer and recommend YYYY/MM/DD for any correspondence involving readers from multiple nationalities. Then there's no ambiguity.

Unless you intend to include the syntax alongside the date, there will always be ambiguity, you can minimize it by using a common format though, like dd/mm/yyyy for example :)
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Nov 3, 2015, 6:13:13 AM
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"

and they sort! (hard to read without the /'s though)
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Nov 3, 2015, 9:48:29 AM
Thanks for posting this here rather than just on reddit (like has happened before), where I would never read it.

Does that also explain the general unstable servers yesterday? Or was that mostly due to heavy load? It was a bit unplayable at times (Brazil server, logging in from Santiago de Chile).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Nov 3, 2015, 10:38:29 AM
Thumps up for this news

thank you
Thank you for the post and it's transparency to the issue that had occurred.

There seems to still be some instability in regards to zoning in. Some players, including myself experience server crashes (and game client crashes) when trying to zone into a new area. Is this also being worked on?
Big props to you guys for the transparency. It is rare for a company to simply own mistakes and move forward. You have a great game and your open communication have absolutely increased my confidence in the game and team behind it.

Thanks!
That's why i keep loving this game, the Staff Team is unbelievable.
"
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
SaiyanZ wrote:

Unless you intend to include the syntax alongside the date, there will always be ambiguity, you can minimize it by using a common format though, like dd/mm/yyyy for example :)

By using a European format, you mean. Not a common format. Right?

That's the ambiguous version I recommend avoiding. 02/01/2015 is February 1st, 2015 in America and January 2nd, 2015 in Europe. Which is it? Your guess is as good as mine.

That said, NOBODY says 2015/02/01 to mean January 2nd. It is only ever used to mean February 1st.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Nov 3, 2015, 6:09:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info