attempting a marauder weapon + shield...failing in damage

Alright. I am a semi-veteran player here. I have beaten the normal mode about 3 times now...yes, only 3.

My latest char, a marauder now lvl 33, is doing amazing in terms of health. Most of it is regen'd within a second. Even bosses don't take me down too well.

Well here's the issue: against bosses (like miriveil or general gravicius) Ido sooooo much chip damage. Here are the skills I am running right now:

Riposte + Life on Hit
Vengeance + Increased Crit Damage
Reckoning + Added Fire Damage
Searing Bond

Vitality
Herald of Ice
Herald of Fire

Flicker Strike + Increased Critical Strikes + Added Cold Damage
Vigilant Strike
Frost Blades + added Fire Damage

So to all you amazing players out there... ARE THERE ANY SKILLS I CAN USE THAT WILL HELP ME DO MORE DAMAGE TO BOSSES WHILE STILL KEEPING MY DEFENSE / HEALTH?

Here is my current gear set:

Ungil's Gouche - Dagger
Crest of Perandus - Pine Buckler
Honorhome - Soldier Helmet
Hrimsorrow - Goathide Gloves
Bloodboil and Doedre's Damning - Rings
Carnage Heart - Amulet
War Plate, Rustic Sash, Wool Shoes

Thank you to any and all responses!!!
"
LordS1vrhand wrote:
ARE THERE ANY SKILLS I CAN USE THAT WILL HELP ME DO MORE DAMAGE TO BOSSES WHILE STILL KEEPING MY DEFENSE / HEALTH?[/b]

Molten Strike with proper supports and Point Blank keystone. I mean Life gain on hit (or claw with similar implicit), GMP, Multistrike, etc...
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 31, 2015, 4:59:30 AM
Reroll as an Ice Crasher or Cycloner
This really does not seem like a semi-veteran player problem

Leveling as a 1-hand build need you to have a very good weapon, or just use a series of cheap 2-hand weapons for different level, uniques and rares. That simple

Or going with spells, 2 elreon rings can make your incinerate 0 cost, even if you get no spell related nodes, it is still very easy to level.

And defense is not really important for leveling untill you get to cruel act 3 and 4, dps is always the priority, kill things before they kill you.

Last edited by TravisL on Oct 31, 2015, 9:48:44 AM
Thank you for the tips. I am going to actually restart the char. I am a definite fan of the 'thorn' type damage of reckoning and vengeance and such, but I will try to find more melee type skills.

I've used that molten skill before, but as far as linking gems I am still a noob as to what works best.

Which Herald would you guys suggest, if any? I like using Ice and Fire since Lightning seems weak. Also, when I make this guy, should I just go full damage nodes this time instead of health / armor?

Thank you!
"
LordS1vrhand wrote:

I've used that molten skill before, but as far as linking gems I am still a noob as to what works best.

Use Molten Strike with GMP, Multistrike, Life gain on hit (or Claws with certain implicit), Faster Attacks, Weapon Elemental Damage and other "general" support gems (dont use Melee Physical damage).

Tooltip may show average numbers, but each hit releases 7 balls, and they all can shotgun. So, total DPS will be very high.
However, Molten Strike has delay between swing and hit (i mean balls), but for TANKY build it isnt an issue, as he can take few hits into his face without risk.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info