How California Leads the world in education

"
NeroNoah wrote:
Everyone has hardships. I have mines too (but they are mostly about externalities and things that happen to my family). You had it worse but I can't really pity you, the world is the world and few are happy. Just keep fighting the good fight.

I think I was the one that derailed this thread at the beginning, sorry.

It just rub me the wrong way how the whole educational problem can be seen (as I wrote before, the fact that we treat like shit people that fail with education and we don't give them meaningful choices is part of the puzzle of grade inflation and all that crap; we blame the wrong part of the system for problems, there cannot be strict personal responsability under such harsh conditions for failure). So the rant about personal responsability vs. external factors, and blah blah blah.

you got exactly what I was thinking. I dont think I am fighting the good fight though, since I really dont have an active role in anything anymore, just voice my opinion from time to time.

you might have derailed it first, but I derailed your derailment, TAKE THAT!

Completely understand, I think im in good position, my country has quite some good opportunities for people, in some courses you are paid by the government to frequent them (though not all), most of those give equivalence to a certain threshold of education as well.
University is still very expensive, but frankly, I think universities nowadays are oversaturated and overrated though that depends on the field (hell, some are outright infested with stupidity as we can see in some extreme liberal unis in america).

There's a reason why companies dont want most uni graduates, and in some fields its often more important to make contacts to assure future employment as most wont be able to hit top of the class, and, its the cream of the crop that companies understandably want.

I think that's a problem as well with goals, depending on the area you set as your goal, you may not actually need to go to university, in fact, I think its a very stupid choice in some cases and this is a problem with mentality as you mentioned early (have in mind that minimum education level for legal employment in my country is the 12th year of school, uni is after that).
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Nov 7, 2015, 10:02:55 PM
This is a direct result of all the third world immigration swamping that region. Reap what you sow
Last edited by BluEyeDevil on Nov 12, 2015, 2:06:47 AM
"
BluEyeDevil wrote:
This is a direct result of all the third world immigration swamping that region. Reap what you sow

Ah...I'm familiar with that line of argumentation.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
I've always had more success with my own education when I studied alone. In high school, in college, and in my professional life, all of my eureka moments were on my own. Perhaps that's why I perform well as a software engineer?

So whenever someone within Academia or the Public Educational system tries to cram another new age teaching concept down my proverbial throat, I always gag. And I work in an Academia environment for a university.

The problem I have with "education" in general is that the same old song and dance is played over and over again, only to have the next "educator" trying to put their own spin on it. Instead of completely trashing the entire system and starting over to prepare kids for the 21st century, they're all trying to rehash outdated concepts while trying to be "inclusive" and politically correct about it.

California and America's common core is just the next joke in public education.

The world in general needs to have a revolution in education...

1.) Teach kids to adapt. Outside of a few select subjects such as math, memorization is absolutely pointless due to the pace of technology. Teach 30% purpose, 30% concept, 30% adaptation, and 10% application.

2.) Understand that students are individuals and learn differently. From visual to auditory and everything in-between, what works for one student won't necessarily work for another.

3.) Play more PoE. Ok, I've babbled on far too long, time to leave work soon and go play some PoE at home...
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info