Life leech is completely nonfunctional

I am getting no benefit at all from life leech. Needless to say, this is extremely painful
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Ok. Well, you either need to un-hide your characters so we can look at the one you are having issues with, or give some detail. Otherwise, no one can help.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Eh, I have no idea how to hide or unhide characters. As far as I know I've never done either. I'll poke around in settings and see if I can figure it out.

I have now made characters visible. NotQuiteZorro is the broken character.
Last edited by Cheopis on Oct 27, 2015, 10:42:32 PM
As far as I can tell, you should be instantly leeching 1 life per 42 physical damage you deal per hit. What's you physical damage per hit in-game at the moment?
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
Mokihiki wrote:
As far as I can tell, you should be instantly leeching 1 life per 42 physical damage you deal per hit. What's you physical damage per hit in-game at the moment?

My double-strike does 90-376 physical damage, with +123% crit chance and +57% crit damage. It is my highest damage output.
Last edited by Cheopis on Oct 27, 2015, 11:58:13 PM
"
Cheopis wrote:
"
Mokihiki wrote:

My double-strike does 90-376 physical damage, with +123% crit chance and +57% crit damage. It is my highest damage output.

Alright well you should be getting at least a few life points back due to leech. The 8 life on hit from your offhand claw would have much more of an effect though.

Try this: Isolate a single monster, like a slow zombie, let it damage all you energy shield away and a bit of life. Get some distance and note your life. When your energy shield is back go punch the zombie once. If you get exactly 8 life back then yeah, something could be broken but I have no idea what. If you get 9+ then the issue is just leech numbers being too low to notice most of time.

Another thing you could try is the same situation but with a life leech support and/or warlord's mark on the lone monster to see if higher leech % will make a difference. Maybe my math is faulty.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
Mokihiki wrote:
"
Cheopis wrote:
"
Mokihiki wrote:

Alright well you should be getting at least a few life points back due to leech. The 8 life on hit from your offhand claw would have much more of an effect though.

Try this: Isolate a single monster, like a slow zombie, let it damage all you energy shield away and a bit of life. Get some distance and note your life. When your energy shield is back go punch the zombie once. If you get exactly 8 life back then yeah, something could be broken but I have no idea what. If you get 9+ then the issue is just leech numbers being too low to notice most of time.

Another thing you could try is the same situation but with a life leech support and/or warlord's mark on the lone monster to see if higher leech % will make a difference. Maybe my math is faulty.

The only life gain effect I'm seeing is from the claw with +8 life per hit.

When I have no energy shield and attack a zombie I get only +8 heals back from hitting with the claws. My health is not restored otherwise.
You're just taking more Damage than you Leech back; you're looking at less than 20 per Hit on a Crit, which.. isn't terribly big. Also of note: LGoH and Leech on Claws is a local modifier. Mortem Morsu has 2.4% Life Leech, but your offhand only has 1.2% with 8 LGoH; probably cannot even Leech 1 Life without a Crit there.
Use only Mortem Morsu when testing. Your other weapon is basically useless for Leeching.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 28, 2015, 9:47:57 AM
I didn't actually mean to say 'offhand' there. Huh. Anyways.
Correct, the offhand doesn't matter for Double Strike, aside from the dual-wield bonuses (which does include a Phys Damage multiplier). I don't know which claw is his mainhand weapon though, and having only one weapon equipped simply makes it more apparent what's actually going on for testing purposes. :)
"
Cheopis wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the claw implicits are local.

Double Strike only uses your main hand melee weapon. This means your offhand is not being used at all.

If Mortem Morsu is your offhand, this leaves you with the 1.2% from your tree. With that small value, even if you hit for your top-end damage, you would be leeching for a single digit number or some similarly small amount.
Last edited by Rambopvp on Oct 28, 2015, 7:17:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info