Build of the Week: DimenRush's Abyssal Cry Build!

Another powerfull,end game capable and fun build for one week.
I have so much fun making these builds and rerolling them in one week tops.
I am now working on a "run for your life" build,hope it gets posted as well in the future.
It uses some clever mechanics and gear to avoid mobs at all cost,not solo friendly though.
Curses a lot too.
I actually tried a similar build, but decided that it's just not worth it. You end up too squishy for HC, you have all the disadvantages of a melee build without really gaining anything for it in return. The damage vs trash is rather good, but that's hardly a problem for any build.

...and there's hope that the poison rework finally makes Viperstrike unique again.
abyssal cry is nice with poison arrow , not with a melee build.
IGN TylordRampage
that's just... bad
And the chaos/violet color, from which skin is it on video ?.
@execreth - @eledhyr - @arthasspaw - @edherisctf - @douchebagontheway_hd

@the_pest - @ioneshotbosses_eightkai
Last edited by Execreth on Oct 28, 2015, 5:19:28 AM
that's abyssal animation.
this is at best a cyclone + viper strike + abyssal cry build; he probably kills more mobs with cyclone and viper strike than with abyssal cry.

i went full AoE from the tree and Carcass Jack and tried to use abyssal cry with my RF totem build but is just ... why?. i was better off just RFing another time and it's what i think DimenRush would be better off doing - just cyclone away to 20/20(aka victory).
Last edited by kreca73 on Oct 28, 2015, 7:12:20 AM
Hi,

What an unique build, it looks fun and badass, mostly about the skill unique colour and animation, but... I'm wondering how about single target and bosses with Abyssal Cry ? I guess it's impossible and he have to kill strong targets with cyclone or something, so it can't be really effective depending of the situation. Then the cooldown of AC is to high to become a true "main/spamming" skill. Sadly :/

However good job !
Last edited by Luniev on Oct 28, 2015, 8:11:28 AM
To my opinion a level 2+ Enhance (Abyssal Cry + Enhance + Increased AoE + Blood Magic) would be more beneficial for Abyssal Cry than Increased Duration, as area coverage is more important than debuff duration.
the new chaos discharge arrived
"
pneuma wrote:

"
mucker wrote:
Edge of madness hardly seems essential for the build, you could have a blue sword and shield and get 50% damage boost rather than level%, have more defense, and a way faster weapon for applying viper charges.

Level% is a pretty decent upgrade over 50%. The defenses is certainly a side-grade.
Viper Strike doesn't scale with attack speed... not since 1.2.0.

~30% increased when you already have hundreds% increase is nice but not make or break.
A blue shield is a big defensive upgrade to a two handed sword. Higher life, higher defense, and block will all save you at times.
And speed is absolutely important for current viper strike, it only has a chance to apply a charge each hit. If you take two weapons with same average dps the fast one will kill a boss faster with viper strike, especially if you have to move around and can't just continually attack.
When I kill a man he stays dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info