Seraphilythe's CI SRS build 2.0

Yes...yet another SRS build like the millions out there. Only making this because people asked me to. I actually like this because I feel CI is one of those setups that SRS/summoners hardly ever use. I started off this build intending it to be a Shavs/low-life build and I decided to try switching it to CI and I enjoy it a lot more. The ES pool is higher and the immunity to chaos is something I didn't expect to like so much. You also don't need to take Arcane vision which gives you 3 passive points to put elsewhere.

I made this build with the intention of making Animate guardian viable for difficult content. I've even taken him to Uber Atziri and he can tank a flameblast. You still can't be completely reckless with him if you don't have the damage to protect him or the gear, but I almost always ignore him and he hasn't died since I made this setup.

So....You can do this with Scion or Witch. Scion is slightly more efficient but Witch will work fine.

Passive tree at lvl 70 Scion:

Passive tree at lvl 90 Scion: (Notice the minion life regen node near Death Attunement)

Complete Scion tree:

----

Passive tree at lvl 70 Witch:

Passive tree at lvl 90 Witch: (Again, notice minion regen)

Complete Witch tree:

Notice that Witch and Scion are both pretty close, but Scion will have more cast speed by 12% whereas Witch will have a bit more mana regeneration and ES Assuming same gear and jewels.

Current gear for my build:
Spoiler

Yes I prefer +3 staff over Pledge. The cast speed is better and as far as I've been able to calculate (with Matrixfactor's srs calculator), I've not been able to surpass the damage with a pledge in any way.

Gem setup:
Spoiler

Staff:
SRS + Spell Echo + Minion Damage + Empower (lvl4) + Melee Physical Damage + Melee Damage on Full Life (Switch last gem for Melee Splash for AOE)
Helmet:
Clarity + Haste + Discipline + Vaal Grace (Can replace Vaal Grace for another Vaal Haste for Atziri)
Chest:
Animate Guardian + Empower + Minion Life
Hatred + Generosity + Enlighten
Gloves:
Increased Duration + Phase Run + Vaal Haste + Vaal Discipline (Can replace Phase run for another Vaal haste for Atziri)
Boots:
Spell Totem + Arc
Flesh Offering
Desecrate

Flasks:
Spoiler

If I decide not to use Animate guardian for some reason, I replace the life flask with the Ruby flask.

Jewels:
This is what makes the build so strong. You need to get any jewels with the following priority of stats:
1) Minion Damage (Do not use a jewel without this stat)
2) Reduced Mana Cost of Skills (Up to a point you can cast sustainably)
3) Cast speed

Other stats that might be useful if you can't get the perfect combination of stats:
Mana regeneration, Energy Shield, STR/DEX/INT, Resist, Increased Mana

---

Ghazzy did a great job explaining the mechanics of the SRS build in detail; Interactions between Elemental Equilibrium, Arc totem, usage of Flesh offering/desecrate etc. So I won't go through that here. Just an alternative setup with the same mechanics. I felt that CI setup is a very nice defensive setup while leveling and you can easily choose to switch it back to a Shavs build using Anger. I feel that Shavs build can't make Animate guardian a permanent fixture in the build because of the lack of gem slots available. Just my prediction. So I treated this CI build as a powerhouse that uses the Guardian to compensate for Anger.

Feel free to message me with any questions.
hey thx for the guide, what are the bandits? kraiten, skill, skill?
"
hypox2 wrote:
hey thx for the guide, what are the bandits? kraiten, skill, skill?

I chose to kill all bandits. None of them seem worth it. Alira might be ok for the 5% cast speed, but the only point I'd give up to do that is Elemental dominion, and I kind of like having the 20 INT instead of 1% cast speed, so I chose to kill all bandits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info