The next season failed before it even started or how GGG invents/ignores feedback.

"
Morsexier wrote:
If Hilbert really had valued poster, it just shows how woefully out of touch the people who moderate these boards are.

if anything it should obviously be jaunimauk who has valued poster.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Tier 2 vacation for insulting moderators incoming. So now you can go all out ;)

"
Raycheetah wrote:
...Says the guy who hasn't raced since Season Nine. =0[.]o=

Hey I did the only interesting race this year which was 1 week Cutthroat.

Also correct you statement it was season 7 or so(The one with Mings) those some points can't be called racing.
I will continue to call a spade a spade for as long as I grace these boards.

If they don't want me to call the things they do stupid, and by implication that they are stupid, then they should stop doing stupid things.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
This is pretty much a spot-on thread as usual, especially the point about DC and endless ledge. While I have no love for vanilla descent, DC is a good race to just hop on and screw around. Unfortunately, GGG who only looks at statistics sees that as "hey, DC is a really popular race, let's add lots more of it!".

I have no idea what they were thinking about endless ledge though. I know nobody who really enjoys it and a3x monsters will continue to ruin it in the season coming up unless GGG last-minute decides to remove them from the first zones (or better yet, give everyone the same random monster seeds).

Descent bursts are an even greater "WTF". Vanilla burst races are RNG to the max, descent is even moreso. The opinion on them two seasons ago (didn't participate at all in this most recent one) was that they were terrible, so obviously the logical thing to do is add more of them!

That all said, having not actually seen the schedule yet it may be that the season is full of 1hour immolation / 1hour multiproj + immolation / Malachai kills with a few blamts and cheese races thrown in for spice. I have a feeling it won't be.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
This is pretty much a spot-on thread

Are you serious?

I've been quiet the past few seasons, just because after feedback being ignored for years, i lost hope anything would change...
Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they are giving at least some attention to racing and i understand they can't devote all the resources they would want because there are other priorities.
It's just hard for me to invest into making racing better, after years of nothing happening. So, as sad as it might sound, at this point, i just don't care. Maybe you could say i'm just butthurt but it is what it is...

That being said, sometimes when i see posts like this on these forums, i worry they give GGG a wrong impression of what the racing community really wants, so, to show that not everyone agrees with the OP, i will give my personal thoughts on the changes:

"
Dead characters are fully eligible for prize points in this and future race seasons. This means you can push ahead without having to worry about losing your standing if you die. In higher difficulty levels, you still lose experience when you die.

I think this is one of the best changes you could have made.
In terms of pacing, for top racers, it shouldn't matter since we all go as fast as we can anyway - the exception being a non-sig race where you are top of your class by a large margin and you slow down to play it safe. This way, if you are ahead enough, you won't have to slow down at all.
For casual racers, it helps them push their limits (at least at the end of the race) and thus improve their racing abilities if they so wish.

"
Hilbert wrote:

Irrelevant in normal races so it only affects Descent and Descent Champions. Only results in demis to Zombies.

I honestly don't understand this statement. Void races already gave points on death, this change will only impact non-void races which is the exact opposite of what you said.

"

In the Endless Ledge, the second and third areas now also use a restricted set of monsters that don't include Act Four monsters. There's now a ramp up towards dangerous monsters by the time you hit the fourth area.

There's quite a big list of monsters (act4 and otherwise) that are very dangerous at low level. Ele weakness cold snap ambushers being on top of my list. I think EL is great for exposing balance problems in monster defense/offense so i'd rather have them balance the monster numbers/mechanics as opposed to just phasing them in EL zones.
The reason for that is phasing some monsters is not really a solution. So instead of getting a dangerous mob comp on the 2nd zone you get them on the 4th, does it really make much of a difference? There are certain breakpoint lvls in PoE (lvl 8 - supports, lvl 11 - res rings, etc.). I don't think you will be lvl 8 at the 4th zone if you are going fast.

I'll be honest and say that i like EL as a fun race for the huge RNG fest it is. Although to be fair, if you are not using a lvl-based skill, it does get frustrating. Its very hard for weapon-based classes to have consistent good weapons to keep up with casters. I wonder if its a good idea to increase the drop rates (both base items and currency) by a LOT. DC has shown us that if attackers have access to consistent good weapons, they can even surpass casters. And its a void league so there's really no worries about affecting the economy.

"
BLAMT races have returned this season. We are considering running a 24 hour BLAMT boss-kill race with high point rewards for bosses that are unreasonable to kill with those mods ;)

I think BLAMT is my least-favorite race type but i can understand why some people would like it so i won't comment on that.

"
In addition to not having Rogue Exiles or Masters, Signature races no longer have Strongboxes, Tormented Spirits, Bloodlines Mods or Nemesis Mods. Signature races no longer give points for side objectives, like full-clearing zones or being the first to complete quest objectives. They're entirely about racing.

I would rate this as the 2nd best change you made. A lot of people (myself included) have asked for this change 'years' ago.

"
Hillbert wrote:
So GGG doesn't read feedback again. The biggest problems weren't strongboxes dropping rares or flasks. The biggest problem were Acceleration Shrines or damaging shrines yieling a lot of experience in a zone.

This, again, shows your lack of understanding about racing.
This change affects sig-races which have been fixed-seed for quite a number of seasons. Shrines are part of the map seed so everyone gets the same shrines all the time.
The actual problems they are addressing with this change is stronbgoxes with 3magic packs giving you at least half a level, tormented spirits going into bosses completely ruining your run, otherwordly 'removing' a blue pack because its now inefficient to kill and spirit walkers doubling a pack and volatile 1shotting melee classes.

"
In future seasons, we will be moving towards an asynchronous race-of-the-day system where solo non-signature races can be played at any time of the day.

I'm ok with this. I'm very happy to see it will not affect sig-races as i think that would be a huge mistake.

So overall, i'm very happy with the changes announced. I don't think there's any negative changes, its either positive or things i don't care about. But most of all, the racing scene has been stagnant for so long, it's good that they are finally dedicating some attention to it.
Last edited by tagpt on Oct 29, 2015, 7:47:17 AM
"
tagpt wrote:
I'm ok with this. I'm very happy to see it will not affect sig-races as i think that would be a huge mistake.

Honestly im kind of disappointed about this.

Hunting for sig records has always had a slight asynchronous touch to me anyway since you possibly cant attend every single signature race.
Having them asynchronous would even the chances of settings a records a little as well as highlight how many attempts people actually need to do it.
Last edited by FrAgGy on Oct 29, 2015, 1:28:36 PM
"
I honestly don't understand this statement. Void races already gave points on death, this change will only impact non-void races which is the exact opposite of what you said.

IIRC it was only EL, might have been changed lat some point.

The devs highlight exp penalties and yet there hasn't been any longer race for several seasons.
The only races that go into Cruel/Merciless are Descent and DC.

The point is dead characters not will receive demis players might as well quiet if they aren't in the farm zone within 5 min after the first.

"
The reason for that is phasing some monsters is not really a solution. So instead of getting a dangerous mob comp on the 2nd zone you get them on the 4th, does it really make much of a difference? There are certain breakpoint lvls in PoE (lvl 8 - supports, lvl 11 - res rings, etc.). I don't think you will be lvl 8 at the 4th zone if you are going fast.

This was the only reason they made dead characters receive points.
The huge difference is that already have found some items to increase your defense and possibly a better weapon.
Your perspective comes from a caster. You need to find the level 7-8 11-12 17-18 weapons to have a chance as melee.
If you get a garbage zone you have 2 options. Try to skip and die(most common solution) or fight your way through it and lose important minues.

"
I think BLAMT is my least-favorite race type but i can understand why some people would like it so i won't comment on that.

I think it was season 3 or 4 that had many BLAMT races till they made only 1-2 in some season and dropped them.

Those stupid "Hype" and other spamposts come from people not even racing or not being good at it.
Blamt already fails at the beginning only giving ranger witch and scion a reliable way to get past hillock the rest needs to open chests or kill single crabs to find a bow/ wand and then it's only offscreening.
There were lethal only races and it has been shown that people got into act 3 without much problems. Why is that? Because only you got resists it's a 16% elemental damage bonus + 50% more physical damage bonus race.
I don't remember if it was BLAMT(if it was then Brutus has been abused with Graceperiod) or Lethal but I remember switched to melee weapons at some point.

So if it's blamt party you will create many level 1 rangers to trigger brutus slams while you can damage brutus on 1P HP.

"

I would rate this as the 2nd best change you made. A lot of people (myself included) have asked for this change 'years' ago.

"
This, again, shows your lack of understanding about racing.
This change affects sig-races which have been fixed-seed for quite a number of seasons. Shrines are part of the map seed so everyone gets the same shrines all the time.
The actual problems they are addressing with this change is stronbgoxes with 3magic packs giving you at least half a level, tormented spirits going into bosses completely ruining your run, otherwordly 'removing' a blue pack because its now inefficient to kill and spirit walkers doubling a pack and volatile 1shotting melee classes

Are you ignorant? Around 20% of the community run illegal 3rd party software.
Either that "QoL Tool" that resulted in several warnings(when people were warned after 2 days of the detection release) or maphacks being either currently undetected or being external and currently undetectable.
With the current means the "QoL Tool" sees shrines and everything else from distance and can't be detected.

1 stupid placement of an Accelerationshrine only those with the tools detect screws up the race for everybody.
And as you could see during the A4 challenge there have been some racers like mrslug that got banned because they got caught.

"

And what prevents racers to create alt accounts and get like 10 characters into the top 20 during a 24h window?

Then the PR BS will kick in and the devs will say "no rewards for alts" and dozen asskissers kick in.
But what if somebody does that and uses VPNs?
Yeah then it would totally ruin the idea unless the rewards are MTX only which are untradable(meaning also no demigod)

There are so many loopholes in races some got fixed others are obviously tolerated or loud mouthes claim it's not a loophole.

"
FrAgGy wrote:
"
tagpt wrote:

Hunting for sig records have always had a slight asynchronous touch to me anyway since you possibly cant attend every single signature race.
Having them asynchronous would even the chances of settings a records a little as well as highlight how many attempts people actually need to do it.

"
FrAgGy wrote:
"
tagpt wrote:

Hunting for sig records has always had a slight asynchronous touch to me anyway since you possibly cant attend every single signature race.

There's 2 disadvantages of having asynchronous sig-races:

1. If you let people race whenever they want for a time period (let's say, 8h), someone that can actually race during those 8h will just run act1 over and over again until he gets a good act1 (+1, double qs, etc.) and go from there. The impact would be people that have enough free time would get 100x more chances than us with a full time job.
In order to get around this, you would have to limit the ammount of "tries" you could have.

2. The other disadvantage is just not having other players racing at the same time. Personally, i like having other players racing, its easier for me to known what pace i'm going and it usually pushes me to go faster. Otherwise, i think i would just slack off. Although to be fair, lately there hasn't been too many people racing anyway.

I guess #2 is more of a personal opinion and I can see other people not having a problem with that. Mayb e it could work idk, but you do need to limit the number of tries, otherwise, you would make it even worse for people with less free time.
"
Hilbert wrote:
The devs highlight exp penalties and yet there hasn't been any longer race for several seasons.
The only races that go into Cruel/Merciless are Descent and DC.

party races go into cruel

"
The point is dead characters not will receive demis players might as well quiet if they aren't in the farm zone within 5 min after the first.

I think you're highlighting the part in janimauk's pm that you are fluent and understandable in english
and that's coming from me

"

So if it's blamt party you will create many level 1 rangers to trigger brutus slams while you can damage brutus on 1P HP.

that strategy only exists in your head

"
Are you ignorant? Around 20% of the community run illegal 3rd party software.
Either that "QoL Tool" that resulted in several warnings(when people were warned after 2 days of the detection release) or maphacks being either currently undetected or being external and currently undetectable.
With the current means the "QoL Tool" sees shrines and everything else from distance and can't be detected.
1 stupid placement of an Accelerationshrine only those with the tools detect screws up the race for everybody.

sacrificing one sig run (most of them being wasted by lack of rng anyway) to learn more about layouts/shrines is worth it to adapt the regular strategy to the possible specialties of the sig. Also shrines can show up from fairly far away on the minimap + sound effects
I mean, it's not like anything you say comes from knowledge or experience, you keep bringing up dumb shit one post after another it's a waste both to read and reply to you if it wasn't for the entertainment aspect of it

"

And what prevents racers to create alt accounts and get like 10 characters into the top 20 during a 24h window?
There are so many loopholes in races some got fixed others are obviously tolerated or loud mouthes claim it's not a loophole.

I think you're largely overestimating the dedication "racers" have

Tag should be the one with vp

also: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1462674
Last edited by Pam on Oct 29, 2015, 7:21:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info