[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

i agree with scion getting worse. having a ranger or marauder passive start really doesnt do alot for this build. this doesnt mean it's not viable or good anymore, it just loses the superior position it was in, imo. the restriction to the scion berserker life leech being "if you've killed recently" makes the leech significantly worse and with it the scion pick.

i think these are all viable, randomly ordered:

- i'm liking the chieftain for the extra life regen and ignite chance as core, among the other benefits. overall good synergy. no gamebreaking, fancy stuff, just more of the stuff this build already has.

- elementalist looks ok, very damage oriented. i dont like the witch tree.

- i think berserker is a good choice with the intention of going vaal pact. i made my peace with not running ele-reflect, so i think ill stick to non-VP.

- juggernaut seems to be going into a more defensive direction, tho in that case id prefer the champion. hardcore players wanna look at these.

- even the good old berserker/raider scion seems viable to me. the marauder start would free up alot of low tier passive nodes around the scion start. you basically use a marauder/ranger tree but with the scion berserker/raider ascendancies. also keep in mind that you get +3 passive nodes that way from being ascendant. the change to the life leech here makes this pick significantly worse. the one big benefit the scion has is being able to completely drop blood dance for the frenzy charges.

- ascendancy classes not mentioned are IMO not good enough to be competitive. they offer either not enough, or not what this build needs to be better.

imo it comes down to personal preferences and individual build alterations.
after my personal experience of playing EA almost every temp league and knowing about the build's and my own flaws as a player, it's either the chieftain or scion berserker for me.

being chieftain, i wouldnt like having to go back to using blood dance for the frenzy charges. maybe id just use blood rage, which i also dislike and basically nullifies the chieftain liferegen.

i am undecided between chieftain and berserker

Prophecy Ascendancy Talent Tree Changes
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nyAbZnf-OPPGYBWPPBGOz_Z2P8O2x28nx8YUpi-GMis/preview
Last edited by panisch on May 26, 2016, 7:05:04 PM
They're nerfing the Scion Ascendant, berserker gives less leech, and now it's triggered on kill, so won't be up for bosses. They're also adding a 1% leech to the Marauder Berserker tree, on a node that is leech on kill, now it has both leech on kill and 1% leech all the time, making the Marauder Berserker even better. Easy choice for me.
IGN: Prospectus
"
Kiristo wrote:
They're nerfing the Scion Ascendant, berserker gives less leech, and now it's triggered on kill, so won't be up for bosses. They're also adding a 1% leech to the Marauder Berserker tree, on a node that is leech on kill, now it has both leech on kill and 1% leech all the time, making the Marauder Berserker even better. Easy choice for me.
Awesome, i was sort of on the fence between marauder and scion. I just hope they dont change Aspect of Carnage D:
Last edited by DumpsterDiver on May 26, 2016, 6:40:06 PM
the "if you've killed recently" restriction for the leech of the scion ascendant berserker is indeed very significant and sort of a death sentence to the scion pick for this build. apparently i missed that small but important change.

why is it a death sentence?:
i said it before and i will say it again: one of the 2 of EA's weak spots is single target/boss encounters. therefore NOT having the leech for these situations defeats the prupose of picking it in the first place. you do NOT need any more support for aoe clears, those are never an issue with this build. (the 2nd weakness is elemental reflect btw, but that's a different matter)

chieftain also offers unrestricted (fire)leech.
one could still go scion berserker/raider nonetheless, but imo it is not a top tier pick for EA anymore.

berserker and chieftain now both have their pros and cons.
Last edited by panisch on May 26, 2016, 7:05:57 PM
i gonna play this for the first time in prophesy

i just wonder about leveling and gear progression. tabula+some links>?5l+kaom or 6l+ whatever?>corrupted gear?
should i prioritize kaom or 6l bow at first?

also what is the best aura for this build incase of essence worm. Haste?
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on May 28, 2016, 12:35:30 PM
Here is my Core Malachai kill. was deathless, just made it on easy mode & was too easy,) next ill try bit harder (6link quill - +1 arrow rearguard - no legacy kaom)
IGN; theCoReht

Last edited by mostmuscula on May 28, 2016, 8:38:35 PM
So this build isnt great for single target? i always thought it was, i remember a friend of mine killing one of a double dominus map boss faster than me and another friend could kill the other one. i was kinetic blast and my other friend was some tornado shot build or something.
Last edited by DumpsterDiver on May 29, 2016, 7:43:41 PM
Slayer looks like a strong choice for 2.3 right? Any opinion on Slayer vs Berserker damage wise?
"
Bernkastel wrote:
Slayer looks like a strong choice for 2.3 right? Any opinion on Slayer vs Berserker damage wise?

Imo overall Slayer is better. The Onslaught just makes it retarded.
headsman + fervor slayer seems solid choice.
chieftain is not much worse though
and berserker is okay.

but culling strike+onslaught is so good

not sure if it's worth takig a class where we REALLY need only 2 nodes.
i think ill stick to bers.
No rest for the wicked
Last edited by mezmery on May 30, 2016, 7:47:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info