[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Did anyone try Rigwald Quills with it? If not the do so, the aoe coverage is insane. I can kill mobs 2 screens away in another rooms XD
One problem is lack of single target and frost wall doesnt work because projectiles dont stack on it just fork away. Gotta figure this out somehow
Frost Wall works just fine, you only need to be using it right. The trick is to a) wait till the frost wall is really up, because it has a short delay where it's visibly up but does not physically block anything yet & b) aim the arrows right at / shortly before the frostwall else they will fly over it, as EA is able to surpass objects (you can fire it down cliffs and stuff).

Also you can push monsters against close walls or objects with Frost Wall. On top of that you can use 2-3 frost walls to build a cage like structure, i.e. a V (= 2 walls) or I_I (3 walls) shaped object around the mob and then spam EA. Link Frost Wall with longer duration (same 4l as vaal haste & vaal grace). Also use your blink arrow illusion & golem to make sure the mob stays close to your "trap".

It takes some practice but this build does not have single target issues in regular maps. Consider linking your golem to culling strike as well for an extra speed buff against tanky bosses.
www.deviantart.com/van1sh3d
Hi bro,

First of all, thanks a lot for share your build, its awsome and incredibly funny.

I followed your build and make a lvl 76 powerfull character (with 6,8k hp and tons of regen, with very good armor too), but I died in fucking phantasmagoria boss (accidentally tanked three spikes and he banned my character :_( (damage os this boss is fucking nonsense)).

After die, I tried Atziri in standart (first time for me), and I killed double vaal and trio without any problems/deaths, but Atziri copies hurting me so hard, I don't know if the problem was my lvl, my strategy, positions... etc... Any type to survive this phase?

Another question, how important is Projectile speed in EA? I mention it because there are a lot of projectile speed ranges when you buy a Quill Rain..

Thanks a lot!
"
Unt0uch wrote:
Frost Wall works just fine, you only need to be using it right. The trick is to a) wait till the frost wall is really up, because it has a short delay where it's visibly up but does not physically block anything yet & b) aim the arrows right at / shortly before the frostwall else they will fly over it, as EA is able to surpass objects (you can fire it down cliffs and stuff).

Also you can push monsters against close walls or objects with Frost Wall. On top of that you can use 2-3 frost walls to build a cage like structure, i.e. a V (= 2 walls) or I_I (3 walls) shaped object around the mob and then spam EA. Link Frost Wall with longer duration (same 4l as vaal haste & vaal grace). Also use your blink arrow illusion & golem to make sure the mob stays close to your "trap".

It takes some practice but this build does not have single target issues in regular maps. Consider linking your golem to culling strike as well for an extra speed buff against tanky bosses.

Nope. The thing with fork is that projectile is split into 2 other projectiles but there is no charge left on the point of impact so you cant stack explosions. I tested it with 1 projestile EA on single mob and its the same - projectiles fork into 2 and go into the walls but mob alone is untouched. The only way to work with Frost Wall to our advantage is when you can stuck mob between FW and some other wall. Then you can split projectiles on FW and let them stick to wall beyond. Second FW may be usable here but I didn't test if it works like it should. And it seems to clunky
Last edited by arcadius on Jan 28, 2016, 2:16:18 PM
"
IamPeyter wrote:

Q: How does Elemental Equilibrium work in this build?
A: By hitting with Explosive Arrow, Rain of Arrows or Frenzy we apply -50% fire resistance to fire and 25% to the element we hit the enemy with. When the Explosions of Explosive Arrow go off they will have greatly increased damage because of the -50% fire resistance on the enemy

But doesn't this also negatively effect the burn rate?

Does it overall give a higher dps and burn because of the initial explosion?
Last edited by KIAEddZ on Jan 29, 2016, 6:15:59 AM
hey, perhaps it was previously asked and explained, anyway, how do you deal with reflect? I recently found with surprise that explosion of EA count for the reflect mod
Standard IGN: Insalata_Russa
"
KIAEddZ wrote:

No, because it's still fire damage. The initial hit is cold/lightning, so the mobs get +25% to light or cold resist, then -50% to fire. Burn is fire.

Anyway, i found a good solution for the single target - esp for those who don't have a 6L

You lose the GMP on frenzy, and have to self cast flam, but it frees up enough slots for a 4L conc burn EA.

Also, to note on my setup, I use a combination of end cry and warlords mark for end charge generation and life leech.
"
kallell wrote:
"
KIAEddZ wrote:

No, because it's still fire damage. The initial hit is cold/lightning, so the mobs get +25% to light or cold resist, then -50% to fire. Burn is fire.

The initial flat cold damage I have gives -50 to light fire, that is true, but then the explosion gives +25% to fire and then the burn starts

So the burn is negatively impacted by the +25% to fire caused by the explosion..

I don't understand your post
You can apply EE once more and target will burn with -50% res
"
arcadius wrote:
You can apply EE once more and target will burn with -50% res

Yeah I understand this, just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing a mechanic I didn't know about. Thanks.
Last edited by KIAEddZ on Jan 30, 2016, 4:49:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info