[2.3] Explosive Arrow Build - Uber viable - 100 hc/sc proof - Scion, Witch, Duelist, Mara versions

Decided to go for this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAOyjyl9hNA5abXZSgbj2omtpiYEO-gFpSe8NodBhWgwlKyPnogsdBhyj6tz7aOpituJODzP4Kga8c3Dwt2L240OvujxrGroNfsQUy0ZrgpwiuPgxfxPZFR0Wdna5nmxynJ-1yqcBmU1IabAN15FFTpQYO9zKsqjwFBLM26ZErUEfUfOoYfNlZ85_f73yiACSqWHfvDgn2-Ot2rBo4cg-aO_AfFm9fBBQg890Ucc9-kFWUb3GFgpto8uNqXz9oZdl8DjwnL2ZUeub2SIIH379j_YzPxFjyQdtPRtc9_ODD2rlYYyW8sUI=

In your own tree, is the diamond skin pathing really worth the points? Wouldn't it be better to go down from the middle to get the marauder life nodes etc and then pick up something else with the 2 points you save? For example faith and steel for more armor or celestial punishment for more damage.

Does this build do well in groups?
Last edited by foojin on Dec 30, 2015, 9:51:32 AM
I ended up dying to reflect at 84 even with Ruby up so I'd recommend you take Vaal Pact if you plan to play HC.

Fun build otherwise.
"
Garnatian wrote:
I ended up dying to reflect at 84 even with Ruby up so I'd recommend you take Vaal Pact if you plan to play HC.

Fun build otherwise.

Theres no way u would die to reflect with ruby flask up when wearing even average gear.

"
Fhark wrote:
^^Quite a few people are using devoto's devotion if you look through the last few pages, it may be good to have a good rare on standby if ur not capped for ele weakness maps.

Devoto's is a nice helmet if u dont care about the 40+ rarity or life/ressist.

"
Whael wrote:
Level 89 atm on Talisman SC league, first time I go EA and I have to say I love it.

I post my gear, if you have any advice I will be very please to ear it guys.

Spoiler

I had the luck of my life on corrupted boots (4th day of league!)

Thanks to OP for this funny build :)

happy to hear!

"
hankinsohl wrote:
"
Fhark wrote:
Anyone have any thoughts on the beginning aoe nodes in scion, i have them specced after mucking around with different builds. Will prob see how far i can get with aoe and hyrris bite and respec if i feel a lack of defense.

RaizQT likes those nodes.

For even more AOE mayhem you could of course also equip a Monkey Twins talisman and perhaps a Carcass Jack.

Anyhow, how did you like the additional AOE?

Y with the nerf to aoe those are reasonable to take but i would probably just skip them, the aoe is huge as is.

"
Duds55Top wrote:
explosive arrows doesn't uses ele prolif anymore?

No Proliferino cappucino

"
Trigoy wrote:
Just wanted to thank you for the build. Currently in the rank 5000- hc talisleague with it http://poestatistics.com/users/find/blondieea.html - and i wanted to inform new players trying out this build, the unqiue ring pyre is great for leveling, and i underestimated how much extra dmg you will get from q on your EA gem

Happy to hear! Yes the quality does make a huge difference

"
LifeIsShyt wrote:
Lvl 96 ATM in Talisc.

For the 6L quill what about EA-Slower Proj-GMP-Fire pen-Empower?

Don't really see the need for life leech since we don't have vaal pact and we have so much regen from blood dance/nodes.

Y that would be the highest dmg setup but lifeleech is amazinnngggg even with that much regen.

Alot of ppl were asking what I am doing at the moment so ill adress it here. I've tried out several builds with all the new gems and older builds to try to find sth reasonable strong or compareable with EA. So far no luck, the strongest build ive tried yet was dual void, coil bladefall totems which allow for nearly 5-6k life while running 2x70-90k+ dmg totems. I've rly tried to find something as strong but no luck, happy to hear recommendations but until i found sth as strong go for EA,EA is opie op, go for EA.

Happy new year
Hail Hydra
Last edited by IamPeyter on Jan 1, 2016, 8:11:12 PM
Hi i have two questions.

Is there a big difference in dmg to have an " adds an additional arrow " quiver ?

And how important is it to have boots and a amulet with +1 to maximum frenzy charges ?
Great to see you are still anwsering questions. Thanks for that.

I've got a few which I hope you want to answer as well:
1) What do you think of going for the unrelenting wheel instead of the bloodless one? That way your arrows cost less but you loose a bit of %hp and mobs can leech you.

2) Versatility? Seems nice to have the dex\int\red cost\AS.

3) Maybe use mana with the build below? Curious if max clarity and this build can sustain the mana cost and we could run an aura or two. The build takes more mana regen and -mana cost nodes (versatility\unrelenting) but obviously skips on the bloodmagic cluster.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAOyjyl9hNA5abXZSgbj2omtpiYEO-gFpSe8NodBhWgwlKyPnogsdBhyj6tz6YrbiTg8z-ChzcPC3yRdi96-6PGsaug1864TWSMtGa4KcIrj4MX8T2plf-j0VHRZ2drmebHKcn7a-ncqlN48BmU1IabAN15FFTpQYOHM73MqyqPAUEszbpkSubWFBH1HwrUOoYfNlZ85_f73yiACSqWHcx--8OCfYNzfjrdqwaOHIPmjvwHxZvXwQUIP5U890Ucc9-kFWUb3GFgpto8uNqXz9oZdl8Jy9mVHrm9kiCB2P9jM_EWPJBRtc9_Nq5WGOxQg==
Last edited by foojin on Jan 2, 2016, 12:26:29 PM
Got a quick question :) How do you get like 160 dex without skilling dex notes? Is all your dex you need from items? Or is there smth i miss
"
Simagol3 wrote:
Got a quick question :) How do you get like 160 dex without skilling dex notes? Is all your dex you need from items? Or is there smth i miss

Did you count the dex on his gear\tree? Then you would know tbh... and yeah he does.
Is using Blood Rage not a viable option?
hug life
"
DBB2003 wrote:
Hi i have two questions.

Is there a big difference in dmg to have an " adds an additional arrow " quiver ?

And how important is it to have boots and a amulet with +1 to maximum frenzy charges ?

I already answered those for u ingame but I’ll also answer them here for everyone
1. The +1 arrow quiver is just a quality of life change to get more spread / aoe.
2. The boots and amulet with +1 frenzy should be the one oft he last things u are aiming for. They make the frenzy charges worth it but they are hard to get.

"
foojin wrote:
Great to see you are still anwsering questions. Thanks for that.

I've got a few which I hope you want to answer as well:
1) What do you think of going for the unrelenting wheel instead of the bloodless one? That way your arrows cost less but you loose a bit of %hp and mobs can leech you.

2) Versatility? Seems nice to have the dex\int\red cost\AS.

3) Maybe use mana with the build below? Curious if max clarity and this build can sustain the mana cost and we could run an aura or two. The build takes more mana regen and -mana cost nodes (versatility\unrelenting) but obviously skips on the bloodmagic cluster.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAOyjyl9hNA5abXZSgbj2omtpiYEO-gFpSe8NodBhWgwlKyPnogsdBhyj6tz6YrbiTg8z-ChzcPC3yRdi96-6PGsaug1864TWSMtGa4KcIrj4MX8T2plf-j0VHRZ2drmebHKcn7a-ncqlN48BmU1IabAN15FFTpQYOHM73MqyqPAUEszbpkSubWFBH1HwrUOoYfNlZ85_f73yiACSqWHcx--8OCfYNzfjrdqwaOHIPmjvwHxZvXwQUIP5U890Ucc9-kFWUb3GFgpto8uNqXz9oZdl8Jy9mVHrm9kiCB2P9jM_EWPJBRtc9_Nq5WGOxQg==

1. Unrelenting instead of bloodless is an option, it will give u less life tho and therefore less regen and so on.
2. „seems nice to have“ is a way to say i couldnt get it on gear and now have to spend my precious passive points to get those stats. In ur prospect of going mana it makes sense to pick nodes such as those but when going blood magic they aren’t great.
3. U’ll average ~4.5 attacks per second with a cost of ~160 mana per shot, with only some regen and no mana nodes u wont be able to carry that amount of mana cost.

"
Is using Blood Rage not a viable option?

Yes it’s an option, but once u maxed ur gear out i wouldn’t opt for it. Before that it’s nice for some atk speed and frenzy charges if u cant get blood dances.

Currently playing the build in hardcore and will update the guide accordingly with a finally decent leveling guide soon  found a few tricks to improve that build in a 5L & 6L for quite some more dmg.
"
IamPeyter wrote:

Currently playing the build in hardcore and will update the guide accordingly with a finally decent leveling guide soon  found a few tricks to improve that build in a 5L & 6L for quite some more dmg.

Great to hear Peyter. Looking forward to it. Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info