[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Just posting a final update on my play with the build.

Sitting at level 78 now in HC Talisman and have been completely fine since i got spell echo. Levelling is straight up easy but the only probably i had was being a bit squishy but that was solved with smart play and making sure that my zombies dont die (and if they do i need to get some more ASAP).

At end game maps are a breeze, you're damage is amazing as most packs will go down with one or two casts and you can freely run about as firestorm rains down. Damage isn't much of a threat either as zombies and your golem tank a lot of it and mobs will rarely hit you unless they have a big aoe/jump on you (leapers etc). The only thing i have come close to dying to was a stunlock by cruel kaom and a few flame/cold/ligh bearers. Bearers are by far the biggest problem for me i feel as its very hard to see them under all the firestorms.

I deviated a bit away from your choice of gem sockets and decided to run a 4l HoT with dual curse with Warlords+Enfeeble and i have put blind on my zombies instead of minion speed. The blind and enfeeble make most mobs, except some bosses, a cakewalk as they rarely hit and if they do, CoDT convoction and flasks will help you out. Also running an Animate Guardian with Zandethus' + Dying Breath + Leer cast to get a bit more damage and curse effectiveness as well. Hasn't died once yet and i've had him about since around level 59/60.
The build is also extremely cheap as well, i've invested very little in my gear and am even struggling to figure out what to buy as i don't really need anything now (All res capped/4.1k life 613 es).

Another great build man.

Gear at 78

Offence Tab
Defence Tab
~3945 18/12/2023
Last edited by Morelli_ on Dec 14, 2015, 2:25:06 PM
Great build! I think the best part about being an O.G. Closed Beta player is that I already had all of the gear(minus a few colors/links), AND a pre-leveled (84 pts) Witch to play with!
This is already a really fun build.
Elder Shaper of Play-Doh
Thanks for the great build, wondering can I play in dual totem.
IGN: Azlaiel
I don't see why not. I used Soul Mantle to do it, but switched to a 6 link rare pretty quickly, since I didn't want the curse on totem death.
I'm currently using Bones of Ullr to give an extra Zombie.
Elder Shaper of Play-Doh
Build idea - my take on the tree.

The chaos conversion way adds a SHITTON of damage to firestorm. My theorycrafting so far wit this tree

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLjDZUR6a-nsRd8g5IKwoRlhEvf8YHHutjkyeVLrVINj1sC--I8NWdqiL0-TeP-klRbIxtGdfPXEBirH0Yl_QI9Emxh8vsimvbUlPAVKebLJw9X7zqakN1nhEtzxV8g-vuMtGa4BzcpwhFR0WduJOPGtkLiEDAZlNSKPoqmKasPAUEs4LH-oCQM5_f73yiAPnoHb6aO0GHM4ftPIKbtz4D7tWm_gryRdi9OuE1kqZX_o-18k3jbqpKyD8nX5hZbc8y

Use 5l Infernal Mantle, +1 gem and bonus spell and fire damage are cool! Reserve only 35% mana for blasphemy and cast firestorm with minimal mana nodes investment, never go under 35% mana - use 1 mana pot if necessary, we do have 100% mana regen on tree... have to test in practice, but I think it wont be a problem.

Consuming Dark = 100% chance to poison, lets see how much poison actually help us...

Lets talk poison!

Base of 10% increase, per second, for 2 seconds. Base total 20% MORE damage over 2 seconds.

All our damage is chaos, so we take chaos dmg nodes instead of ele and fire dmg nodes when able, we have to start shadow (tree has 320% increased dmg total for firestorm combined from fire, spell damage, aoe damage and chaos damage)

150% Chaos damage increased, 90% duration, use Blasphemy Tempt Chains as a damage buff and defense curse

Poison now does 10% times 2.5 = 25% More damage per second
Posion duration vs slowed enemies = 2 sec times 1.9 times 1.4 (temp chains)= 5.32 seconds
25% times 5.32 = 133% MORE DAMAGE spread over 5 seconds. Insane, at least in theory. Should be able to shred bosses beautifully. I don't think any trash mob will ever survive more then a single cast of firestorm.

But wait, it gets better. Against bosses we plant a Wither Totem, which gives us 7% MORE damage per stack (20 stacks max for 140% MORE, probably never reached) both to our initial hit and over time poison damage. Once again this double-dips, since its chaos.

Links:
Firestorm - Faster Cast - Echo - Conc/AoE - Controlled Destruction - 6l(Added Chaos)

CWDT setup - link 15+ lvl CWDT to Essence Drain, Contagion and Molten Shell gems for extra fun.
The DOT damage from Essence Drain and Contagion both get boosted by our 200% increased chaos/spell damage nodes and duration nodes. Even unsuported molten shell will explode for over 6k damage, as well as providing 1k armor. If you link it to life leech we might be able to regain 600-1000 life when it explodes with a threshold of 1k damage - instantly healing the damage we took provided we are still alive. It also has a sweet duration of 19 seconds to move between packs.

Move around with Fortify-Faster Attacks-Whirling Blades for that sweet defensive buff :)

Also CHAOS=REFLECT FREE YEY!

What do you think?
Last edited by azmodael on Dec 15, 2015, 7:32:56 PM
"
The chaos conversion way adds a SHITTON of damage to firestorm. My theorycrafting so far wit this tree

http://cb.poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAA3UD7gQHBLMFtQZwBx4I9A5IEFgRLxGWFm8WvxpsHNwdviL0JKomlSj6Ko0qmCsKLJwy0TOHNtg26TpYPAU9X0VHRZ1JG0lRSbFMs06fUlNSr1NSVEdVS1XGWHdcQF3yXwRh4mf8akNqjGvbbAttGW1sdZ56f30Yf8aCm4LHg9uHZYfLiECMNo8aj0aP-pAzkSuTJ5Uul_SaO5rgm6Gdrp7En9-iAKLZpqymvqcIp5usmLDYtUi4k7tNvOrAVMBmyBTPFdAf1abXz9kL3V_jaud06NbrY-vu7FXsiu0873zviO_r8B_w1fFs9W_31_k3-oA=

I've been thinking about the same thing with the consuming dark + infernal mantle.

Gotta say I love your idea with wither totem and temp chain!

"
Links:
Firestorm - Faster Cast - Echo - Conc/AoE - Controlled Destruction - 6l(Added Chaos)

My idea here is to include void manipulation, depending on how it calculates the -25% elemental dmg and 31% MORE chaos dmg.
Poison gem also comes to mind.

What's more, the offhand: Broken Faith for the 0,4% of chaos damage leeched as life, along with the damage increase when not having any ES (Using Blood Rage to maintain the effect).
Last edited by Hasdurr on Dec 16, 2015, 2:08:33 AM
"
azmodael wrote:
Build idea - my take on the tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLjDZUR6a-nsRd8g5IKwoRlhEvf8YHHutjkyeVLrVINj1sC--I8NWdqiL0-TeP-klRbIxtGdfPXEBirH0Yl_QI9Emxh8vsimvbUlPAVKebLJw9X7zqakN1nhEtzxV8g-vuMtGa4BzcpwhFR0WduJOPGtkLiEDAZlNSKPoqmKasPAUEs4LH-oCQM5_f73yiAPnoHb6aO0GHM4ftPIKbtz4D7tWm_gryRdi9OuE1kqZX_o-18k3jbqpKyD8nX5hZbc8y

Use 5l Infernal Mantle, +1 gem and bonus spell and fire damage are cool! Reserve only 35% mana for blasphemy and cast firestorm with minimal mana nodes investment, never go under 35% mana - use 1 mana pot if necessary, we do have 100% mana regen on tree... have to test in practice, but I think it wont be a problem.

Consuming Dark = 100% chance to poison, lets see how much poison actually help us...

Lets talk poison!

Base of 10% increase, per second, for 2 seconds. Base total 20% MORE damage over 2 seconds.

All our damage is chaos, so we take chaos dmg nodes instead of ele and fire dmg nodes when able, we have to start shadow (tree has 320% increased dmg total for firestorm combined from fire, spell damage, aoe damage and chaos damage)

150% Chaos damage increased, 90% duration, use Blasphemy Tempt Chains as a damage buff and defense curse

Poison now does 10% times 2.5 = 25% More damage per second
Posion duration vs slowed enemies = 2 sec times 1.9 times 1.4 (temp chains)= 5.32 seconds
25% times 5.32 = 133% MORE DAMAGE spread over 5 seconds. Insane, at least in theory. Should be able to shred bosses beautifully. I don't think any trash mob will ever survive more then a single cast of firestorm.

But wait, it gets better. Against bosses we plant a Wither Totem, which gives us 7% MORE damage per stack (20 stacks max for 140% MORE, probably never reached) both to our initial hit and over time poison damage. Once again this double-dips, since its chaos.

Links:

CWDT setup - link 15+ lvl CWDT to Essence Drain, Contagion and Molten Shell gems for extra fun.
The DOT damage from Essence Drain and Contagion both get boosted by our 200% increased chaos/spell damage nodes and duration nodes. Even unsuported molten shell will explode for over 6k damage, as well as providing 1k armor. If you link it to life leech we might be able to regain 600-1000 life when it explodes with a threshold of 1k damage - instantly healing the damage we took provided we are still alive. It also has a sweet duration of 19 seconds to move between packs.

Move around with Fortify-Faster Attacks-Whirling Blades for that sweet defensive buff :)

Also CHAOS=REFLECT FREE YEY!

What do you think?

Would love to see this in action.

Are you going to make a seperate build post of it ?
I will, once I am level 80 and concept works as expected.
Just started a new witch using this build... Only lvl 28 so far. But just wanted to say this weapon:

with the +2 fire gems and increased spell and fire damage is making leveling insanely easy!
It's almost not fair how fast everything dies!
Opps, I hit reply before I meant to! My question was how far into the game will this staff work? at what point does wand plus shield become a better option? (I have the wand suggested in the build)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info