[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

How can I improve my gear, I don't really know how to get more damage. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/darqnyght/characters I am over capped on resistances.
SHould be unlocked now
"
darqnyght wrote:
How can I improve my gear, I don't really know how to get more damage. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/darqnyght/characters I am over capped on resistances.

Get a 6 link :p

It literally doubled my dps with controlled destruction, elemental overload still procs every now and then with currently 6,9% crit chance and it's beastly.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/leroy989/characters

Any suggestions on what I can get to further improve my guy its the SiiK_Hellfire char.
I just cleared Whakawairua Tuahu (The Strand unique map) with this build.

The boss (Tormented Temptress) was the single most difficult/annoying boss I've ran into in the whole game, because the issue isn't that she kills you but that it's seemingly impossible to hit her with a firestorm-based build.

Luckily I devised a strategy that took a long time but worked, and I'll leave it here in case anyone gets frustrated with that map as I did.

First, I unequipped the Totem gem. You want to have as many minions up as you can, and the Totem won't summon more than one skeleton unless the boss is near - and that witch is never near you for longer than a second.

Second, I got all ten skeletons my build allowed me up.

Third, with all three skeletons freshly summoned I went near the boss - but I didn't chase her. I just walked NEAR ENOUGH so that I could see her on a corner on the screen, then proceeded to cast firestorm over and over ON TOP OF MYSELF. Soon enough the boss would teleport on top of me to hurt me and be greeted with my minions and a firestorm, which would eat through her energy shield and hurt her just one bit each time.

Rinse and repeat, had to do that at least twenty times before she was dead - and at times I had to run away myself due to low health - but in the end she came down. So at least I can say the map is doable with this build... if only barely so.
The Tizzysawr is listening...
Yo, I have a question.. I am using Pledge of Hands and I wonder is this a bad idea? I don't see it mentioned here, it gives me a lot of damage ( i think, and its kinda like 5 slot but actually 6 slot cause of bonus ). Am I stupid for using it? I am atm at t8-10 maps and dying sometimes pretty fast, should I try to switch to 1h wep/shield?

Issue is I don't like that much the uniques that are 1h, but maybe I am wrong, I also rly hate rare as as weapon, dunno why, maybe it's better.

I also feel I have low hp, u can check my char if u want and give some advice on whatever's wrong,ty
@lacal: Depends on what minion nodes. If the nodes include +1 zombie, I would personally get those before getting the last few 5% nodes.

The problem is not the elemental damage - it's the lack of normal block. You won't block physical attacks anymore. It's a great defense against elemental attacks, just less good vs everything that is not elemental based. A rare shield gives you block, possibly damage and more health. It's basically a more balanced option.

@darqnyght: The biggest change would be from a 5Link to a 6Link. Your gear looks fine though. If you find yourself dying a lot, try getting a wand and shield with cast speed(you can craft cast speed on your shield if you use Catarina's master crafting). But overall, it looks okay :)

@Morkork: You mean your Occultist? First off, if you really need more life, get a wand and shield(shields can add high life to the build), but you are only 76 for now. Gaining several levels should really improve your life and survivability, as life adds additional life to your pool :)

@Tizzysawr: interesting. Should try the map again. I did the map a few times last league. I remember just casting in front of me(Not on top of the monster), then dash in usually would do the trick. It is an annoying monster for ranged, I agree.

Dat music tho.

@b1ackic3: Pledge is fine, but I personally value a wand over more damage. That also adds a lot more survivability to the build. If you die often, it might also because you play too aggressive. Use your zombies as a shield, if the map mods are rippy, let them go up front, and cast from a distance. You will slow down a little, but most likely never die!

Can't see your characters though, make sure to unlock it first ;P
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
My bad, I removed it now, you should be able to see , and yea , you are right, sometimes I play too aggressive. With wand my issue is there's no wand unique that I like, and I prefer unique over rare, just cause d3 mentality but oh well
OK, I think I must be doing this wrong. I'm level 88, and I feel like I'm hitting a wall. Poor single target DPS, my mana regen goes to hell if I'm against single target/immune to ele status/hexproof, and I don't seem to be dropping that much damage. It takes very little damage to kill me (just a few hits, or one-shots from some). I feel like a class canon without the canon part. When I play w/ other players at ~level 88, they always seem to have way higher DPS and clear speed.
Here's my gear:

What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by magicstop on Sep 30, 2016, 7:44:27 PM
I got a question regarding cast on damage taken, what if I put molten shell there? would it mess with immortal call, how would it work out?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info