[3.0]PewPewPews Official Cheap Firestorm Build - Perfect for Newcomers/SSF

Im running with the cloak of defiance now (COD) and it really helps tho we don't have a lot of mana (build might needs to be revised). - I also wanted artic armor, but my mana pool can't sustain it.

My plan is to leave HOT (herald of thunder) out and sup in a curse on hit lightning warp. That frees up an aura.

You can see the setup im kinda thinking from this build: (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1443142

Last edited by Fathervic on Jan 25, 2016, 8:30:54 AM
I'm really? Enjoying the build! Currently running maps easily (stuck with tier 6 atm) and it seems good for a complete newbie like me.

I'm looking forward to ascendancy, i was thinking "wow an elementalist! " but it seems necromancer is probably more fitting due to survival stuff and sinergies that add value to our meatshields. I'll probably try to chuck in bone offering that looks like a nice boost in survivability with necromancer tree.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
Hello everyone ans thks Pewpewpew for the guide, 1st char ever and having a good detailed walkthrough makes it that much easier to get a grasp on the game mechanics!

So I've been through the comments and I came up with replacing the lightning ball 3L with vaal skeleton / spell totem / duration (?)- that would work, correct? Any other gem I should consider for supporting vaal skels instead of duration?

Also, if i want to double curse I'd just add enfeeble (for instance) to the hot links, and grab the required passive, correct? When you say you'd have to pass up on anger, is it because of reserved mana? What would the DPS loss be and would it be offset by an offensive curse ?
Why didn't you like blasphemy + temp chain? I was also thinking of running blasphemy / aoe inc / temp chain instead of ball lightning totem..

Questions questions :)
Last edited by ytz on Feb 18, 2016, 9:17:38 AM
If u want an advice I'd test the knockback totem for a while, actually that saved my ass so many times an actually every knockbackable boss it's very easy with that setup. In maps like poorjoy it makes a lot of difference if u catch how it works.
Gotcha, il give it a try.

Any thought on the 2curse / anger question?

Thks!
I wouldn't use blasphemy cause of mana reserved (I've roughly 300 mana left with anger+hot wich i sustain well with a +charges divine like op suggested, but it's really not much). I'm not home but i think anger add rougly 150dps (i have 1350 with inc aoe). I haven't tested dual curses but i think u could use it with anger without problems (but I'm really not someone to be trusted about that! ).

By the way for sure there's not much room talking about mana, i didn't feel comfortable with that until i added a couple of 50% mana Regen rings, cause actually i tend to offscreen many bosses and dangerous rares and in those cases you are actually far to let coh work.
So what ascendancy class u think the build will use? U guys think that using a infernal mantle is worth it?
Last edited by claydbp on Feb 20, 2016, 8:08:30 PM
Aight so im using dual cursing w/ flamability, need to try with temp chain and enfeeble as well.
Any recommandation for another offensive curse worth considering ?

Thanks!
Ytz-I don't feel like having much issues with dps output but I'd love to enfeeble since this build can be squishy when u fail mob control :-D

Claydpb-i'd rather not use it, u can buy a random rare 6l with a bunch of life/res/little es for like an ex, run anger and forget about headaches. A5l infernale just don't compare, a 6l probably is't worth aswell. I'm still unsure about trying necro or elem as class, since one can grant you nice degli bonus (offerings on you) and the other lots of random dps buffs.

Last edited by Frattagli4 on Feb 21, 2016, 7:19:44 PM
Thks ! I'll five enfeeble a good try!

I think I messed up my cwdt by leveling all gems.. I should let them lvl 1 right?
Oh well I'll probably wait until they're lv 20 and 20% quality them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info