Is this the end of POE?

For f*cks sake... this sh*t comes up every time a 4 month league ends.
Every time: "PoE doomed", "PoE is dead","End of PoE", blah blah blah. After all these years of these threads consistently popping up you'd think that people might finally figure out that no...the game is not dead...These threads might as well be paired with the Mayan Doomsday Calendar. The earth will cease to exist one day so it is inevitable that the people preaching the end of the world will be right, but they are treated as a joke because they have never been right due to their incredibly premature and unrealistic predictions, just like the people who make these threads. Sure this game has its issues and will one day see its end, but it has a long way to go, a very long way.
1.3 was fun then nerf nerf nerf nerf etc
I am him and he is I.
"
reliq wrote:
I don't see anything coming interesting in the arpg genre.
-Grim dawn still not finished and major changes always happening from time to time
-we don't know how the new Trion game will turn (pay to win last their last game)
-D3: if you come from D3 and play POE, you probably won't go back
-Ark online... well... not before 2017 I'm sure for non-korean.

Fallout 4
(but also new Starcraft expansion, new CoD, Overwatch)
Last edited by robertredberry on Oct 24, 2015, 2:30:52 AM
"
"
reliq wrote:
I don't see anything coming interesting in the arpg genre.
-Grim dawn still not finished and major changes always happening from time to time
-we don't know how the new Trion game will turn (pay to win last their last game)
-D3: if you come from D3 and play POE, you probably won't go back
-Ark online... well... not before 2017 I'm sure for non-korean.

Fallout 4
(but also new Starcraft expansion, new CoD, Overwatch)

Didn't know Fallout 4, Starcraft, CoD and Overwatch were ARPGs.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
F4 actually has RPG elements.
Then Deus Ex Mankind Divided is also an RPG shooter.
Dark Souls 3 gets released
Mass Effect Andromeda

And if you talk about the MMO genre there are also a couple of titles coming out.

Path of Exile failed in so many areas that to stay alive they need to fudamentally change those failures and that means risking losing a small playerbase but they refuse it to do anyway.

Doing what they do now aka creating a new tradereset with some kind of "Invasion, Nemesismod or Objectspawnleauge" does nothing good.

Old timers will quit for the same reasons again and again and at some time never come back.
So what a divination cards? Another layer of RNG, forces you to grind the same areas over and over again(boring) and a reason to sell stashtabs.
Since good ones are too rare players don't pick them up.
If it's a 1/1 card yeah then people would pick it up but creating a 1/16 cards with a 16 times higher droprate will not result players picking them up.

Look at the flashbackevents at the asian garena ladders. That's a joke. It died just like a common Asiagrinder. The Seaplayers seem to play on the normal serves.
It's only a matter of time till the Russian Garena Hype dies as well.

What then South America, Middle East and Africa? Only a South American expansion is realistic.

The only way this game to stay alive is to create "paid betas" and claim that the game got better. But the PR bullshit is triple A. Read the podcast summary. "It's gonna be a crazy 1 month race, crazier than 20 exiles each instance" and then you get a lame shrine.

I bet if the devs would disable trading on the Darkshrine race and create a 1 month with 20 exiles each instance and possibly other mods the 20 exile race would have more players.

Other than that it's unlikely it will survive next year unless there are heavy budget cuts and layoffs.

"
Hilbert wrote:
F4 actually has RPG elements.
Then Deus Ex Mankind Divided is also an RPG shooter.
Dark Souls 3 gets released
Mass Effect Andromeda

And if you talk about the MMO genre there are also a couple of titles coming out.

All these games don't scratch the Diablo-style ARPG itch at all :) If I want to play that kind of game there is nothing else to play.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I'd rather play the Belzebub mod on D1.
"
Temper wrote:
http://steamcharts.com/

These Steam charts clearly indicate that Path of exile is not dota2 or South Park:Stick of Truth.

They also provide statistics of online Steam players as an ongoing analysis and do not take into account non-steam clients.

In conclusion

We can safely assume that Path of Exile should be re-named to Dota2,played exclusively on Steam and have it's own TVcartoon to enjoy when unable to play the game.

Doing this would ensure that POE is not ded yet.

We don't really have any other players statistics. Looking at the charts, you can say POE isn't really dead but rather POE isn't really growing. It just failed to attract and retain more players after the hype gone down. It is a niche game.
"
deathflower wrote:
"
Temper wrote:
http://steamcharts.com/

These Steam charts clearly indicate that Path of exile is not dota2 or South Park:Stick of Truth.

They also provide statistics of online Steam players as an ongoing analysis and do not take into account non-steam clients.

In conclusion

We can safely assume that Path of Exile should be re-named to Dota2,played exclusively on Steam and have it's own TVcartoon to enjoy when unable to play the game.

Doing this would ensure that POE is not ded yet.

We don't really have any other players statistics. Looking at the charts, you can say POE isn't really dead but rather POE isn't really growing. It just failed to attract and retain more players after the hype gone down. It is a niche game.

Eep I left out /sarcasm at the end.

Thanks! it's fixed now

=)
Last edited by Temper on Oct 24, 2015, 7:00:39 AM
Many of us have been playing this game for about 3 years. It's got flaws, sure, but it also has legs. It's not that it's perfect, but it's clearly not "dead". The fact that people are here hating on a 3 year old game shows how successful it is. Are you posting "game is dead" threads on any other forums for games released prior to PoE? Probably not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info